Subject: Execute check only during a specific timeperiod?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:14:38 +0100

Hi all,

we have got some LVM-snapshots we would like to monitor with argus. These 
snapshots are existent during our nightly backup, but should not be 
existent between 06.00 and 18.00 (that's 6am - 6pm).

To check the existence we use an one-liner (connect via "pubkeyed" SSH, 
execute a lvdisplay <snapshotname> and check the return value). So far no 
problem, but how do we tell argus to only check this during the day?

I have had a look at the cron-functionality of argus by which i could set 
an override every morning at 6am for 12 hours. Is this the way it is 
supposed to be done or are there better ways to accomplish our 
timeperiod-needs?

Cheers,

Sebastian

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:22:55 +0100

> supposed to be done or are there better ways to accomplish our 

Silly me, i meant "set an override at 6pm for 12 hours" of course. 

Best thing i could imagine would be a cron inside argus which does not set 
parameters but simply executes the service check at specified times. 
Otherwise (i.e. besides the times specified by cron) the service check 
would not be executed at all. Is that possible?

Cheers,

Sebastian