Subject: Sending a specific number of notifies.

From: Eddie Harris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:08:32 -0400

Hello All,

I just found argus yesterday, but I'm already in love.  Great job!

I have checked the archives of the mailing list as well as the online 
documentation and haven't found an answer.

I have some low priority boxes, that I don't want to inundate folks with 
notifications about them being down.  However, I don't want to send only 
one notify as with the autoack (the local paging system isn't great and 
they may miss only one, on the other hand if they are in a restaurant, I 
don't want them to get pages every X minutes, until they can get to a 
browser to ack).

Anyone with a suggestion?

Thanks
Eddie

-- 
Eddie Harris, CISSP
Public Key available at;
http://keyserver.mis.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=A3C7658A

---

From: Jeremy Kister <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 20:09:40 -0400

> don't want them to get pages every X minutes, until they can get to a 

Argus will resend the page every 5 minutes by default.. you could set it
to a higher value on the low priority objects --

Group "Unimportant" {
  renotify: 1800
  escalate: 180 mail:[email-masked]
  hostname: host.example.com
  Service Ping
  [...]
}

that'd resend the page every 30 minutes, and would escalate after 3 hours.

i'm not sure if "escalate: " is valid, to turn off escalation all together.

When Jeff gets back from la-la land, i'm sure he'll follow up.

-- 

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net/