Subject: UPnP Monitoring

From: Andreas Micklei <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:19:56 +0100

Hi all,

I have used argus in the company I work for for a year or so now. I am
extremely please with the results. It is relatively easy to configure
and just works. :-)

Now to my current problem: I would like to monitor a bunch of UPnP
Devices with Argus. Has anybody done this before? I am willing to write
the needed code if nobody else has done this, but unfortunately I don't
know perl yet, so this will be a bit hard. Basically I need to send a
UDP Packet with some custom payload to a multicast address, and collect
answers on the port where I sent out my request. Is this possible with a
custom rule, or do I need to code a special UDP/UPNP service?

TIA,
Andreas Micklei

-- 
Andreas Micklei
IVISTAR Kommunikationssysteme AG
Ehrenbergstr. 19 / 10245 Berlin
http://www.ivistar.de