Subject: Remote Console Connection Problems

From: "Hill, Martin \(HQ\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 16:24:44 +0100

I have just recently rebuilt my Linux OS and upgraded from V3.3 to V3.4
of Argus. The system functions fine for monitoring etc - 

However when using a remote browser I cannot log into Argus, I get asked
for the user/ pass at the argus login page then it just sends me
straight back to the user/pass page again for re authentication!!

I have gone over (some) of the obvious things, permissions, firewall,
configurations etc and all appears to be well or as was on the previous
build.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thx

Martin

Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems (Europe) Ltd

All inbound and outbound e-mails are scanned by BT Net VirusScreen on behalf of SEWS-E. This service quarantines e-mails containing viruses, unsuitable material and any password protected or encrypted attachments. 

Confidential information may be contained in this message.  If you are not the addressee indicated (or responsible for delivery of the message), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and notify the sender. Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of SEWS-E shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.

---

From: Jeremy Kister <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 16:01:31 -0400

> straight back to the user/pass page again for re authentication!!

is your browser accepting cookies?  is your server's clock synchronized 
with your workstation's clock ?

After checking those two, you can send me your arguscgi URL along with a 
working username and password; I'll try to help.

> All inbound and outbound e-mails are scanned by 
<excess babble snipped>

Your "disclaimer" was longer than your entire meaningful message -- 
such behavior is considered rude when posting on public mailing lists. 
I can send you a gmail invite so that you can post prettier messages, if 
you need one.

-- 

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net./