Subject: Re: Sending a specific number of notifies.

From: Jeff Weisberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:32:28 -0400 (EDT)

| I have some low priority boxes, that I don't want to inundate folks with
| notifications about them being down.  However, I don't want to send only
| one notify as with the autoack (the local paging system isn't great and
| they may miss only one, on the other hand if they are in a restaurant, I
| don't want them to get pages every X minutes, until they can get to a
| browser to ack).

If I read this right,
	you don't want to send one notification
	you don't want to send multiple notifications

in my mind, these are mutually exclusive. It is
not clear to me what you *do* want.

explain.

---

From: Eddie Harris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 16:16:42 -0400

I can easily see where my query would confuse someone, I was asking for 
something I'm sure most people do not need.

I am looking to send multiple notifications but to be able to specify 
how many get sent for a specific host, i.e. not keep sending them until 
they are acked on the web page.

I've already solved the issue (which I probably re-invented the wheel).

I modified enough to be able to enter a "sendlimit: #" for each host, 
and just used your existing sentcnt to compare and autoack.

Working like a top now.

Once again thanks for Argus, It's doing a great job for me.

Eddie

Jeff Weisberg wrote

-- 
Eddie Harris, CISSP
Public Key available at;
http://keyserver.mis.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=A3C7658A