Subject: Argus Notification e-mail subject

From: Neil Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 13:12:38 -0700

Hi,

Got argus setup and working great!

Getting some user feedback now and it's been suggested to change the 
notification email subject from "argus" to a brief description of the 
issue.  This would allow users to quickly pick out the most important 
issue if they were to find numerous notifications in their inbox.

I've checked through 'argus -D' and looked through the code but neither 
have helped me identify where the email subject is set.

Am I missing a simple entry in the config file or could someone direct 
me to where in the code the subject is set?

Thanks,
Neil

---

From: Jeff Weisberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 16:00:35 -0500 (EST)

| Getting some user feedback now and it's been suggested to change the 
| notification email subject from "argus" to a brief description of the 
| issue.  This would allow users to quickly pick out the most important 
| issue if they were to find numerous notifications in their inbox.
| 
| I've checked through 'argus -D' and looked through the code but neither 
| have helped me identify where the email subject is set.
| 
| Am I missing a simple entry in the config file or could someone direct 
| me to where in the code the subject is set?

to do that, just create a new notification method, if is named
"mail" it will replace the built-in definition.

    Method "mail" {
    	command:	/usr/sbin/sendmail -t
    	send:		To: %R\nFrom: %F\nSubject: Argus%E\n\n%M\n
    }

	--jeff