Subject: RE: SNMP Monitoring

From: "McKinnon, Joe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 17:29:20 +1000

Hi,

How about multiple tests?  differt thresholds, different actions?

Cheers

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Jason 'XenoPhage'
Frisvold
Sent: Wednesday, 2 March 2005 4:20 AM
To: Discussion about Argus
Subject: SNMP Monitoring

Hi all,

    I'd like to monitor the alarm status on some RAS units we use.  The 
mib returns an integer value which ranges from 0-3.  3 is a normal 
state, 2 a minor, 1 is major, and 0 is critical.

    Is it possible to have Argus act differently according to the return 
value?  Specifically, I'd like to see this :

State 3 - All ok, node up.
State 2 - No notification, just alert in gui
State 1 - Normal notification
State 0 - Immediately Escalate

Is this possible?  I'm crawling through the docs now, but I haven't hit 
on a way to do this yet...

Thanks!

-- 
---------------------------
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
Engine / Technology Programmer
[email-masked]
RedHat Certified - RHCE # 803004140609871
MySQL Pro Certified - ID# 207171862
MySQL Core Certified - ID# 205982910
---------------------------
"Something mysterious is formed, born in the silent void. Waiting alone and unmoving, it is at once still and yet in constant motion. It is the source of all programs. I do not know its name, so I will call it the Tao of Programming."

_______________________________________________
http://argus.tcp4me.com/
[email-masked]
http://www.tcp4me.com/mailman/listinfo/arguslist

Please Note:

This communication has been sent on behalf of The Royal Automobile Club of
Queensland Limited (RACQ).  The information contained in this communication
may be privileged and confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient,
any use, disclosure or copying of this communication is expressly
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please delete
it immediately.  RACQ and its associated entities do not warrant or
represent that this communication (including any enclosed files) is free
from electronic viruses, faults or defects.

If this is a commercial electronic message within the meaning of the Spam 
Act(2003), you may indicate that you do not wish to receive any further 
commercial electronic messages from RACQ by sending an e-mail to 
[email-masked] with your details or by contacting RACQ on 131905

---

From: "Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 08:36:09 -0500

>How about multiple tests?  differt thresholds, different actions?

I thought about that...  Ugly, but it would work..  However, that means 
I'm SNMP querying the device 3 times instead of one..  I was hoping 
there was an easier way ...