Subject: Re: TCP/HTTPS makes argus restart

From: Jeff Weisberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 14:34:50 -0500 (EST)

| After upgrading from 3.2.1 to 3.3 Argus seems to have a bug concerning
| the TCP/HTTPS service: Directly after performing this test Argus
| restarts (which is a bit nasty if you have a frequency of 60s ;).
| 
| I'm running Argus on Debian GNU/Linux 3.0. The concerning Webserver is a
| Apache-SSL (Apache/1.3.26 Ben-SSL/1.48) and runs on the same machine as
| Argus does.
| 
| In parallel I run IMAPS,POPS,SMTPS and NNTPS, no one of these has the
| same bug.
| 
| Does anybody have a clue what's causing this?

you removed the HTTPS test and everything worked correctly?

I cannot reproduce the problem here. if you send me the
name/address of your web server I can try a TCP/HTTPS
test to it from here and see if it makes a difference.

	--jeff

---

From: Dariush Forouher <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Mar 2004 22:14:03 +0100

> you removed the HTTPS test and everything worked correctly?

Yes, it took quite a while until I figured out which one caused the
problem. After removing this service Argus runs fine for now nearly 24
hours.

> test to it from here and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks, you can use https://www3.brgs.org. It's the specific webserver
made public via portforwarding (what shouldn't make any difference,
AFAIK).

I'll install try and install Argus on a different server to see if it
happens there as well.

ciao
Dariush