Subject: Argus feature request: CIFS

From: "Jeremy Kister" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 16:07:51 -0500

I'm wondering if Argus can monitor Microsoft's 'de facto' standard of CIFS,
and if not, if it could be added as a standard service.

unfortunately i know very little about the fundamentals of the cifs
protocol, but i have found some code that might help at
http://ubiqx.org/libcifs/source/SMB/

I believe having the CIFS service would be as handy as having the NFS
service, as I'd be able to monitor my Netapps and samba servers.

Jeremy Kister
www.jeremykister.com/jeremy/

---

From: "Scott Hiemstra" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 17:05:15 -0800

Maybe this Perl module might be of assistance as well?
Unfortunately, this also requires smbclient (Samba) be installed

Filesys::SmbClientParser
http://search.cpan.org/~alian/Filesys-SmbClientParser-2.5/SmbClientParser.pm

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Jeremy Kister" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 1:07 PM
Subject: Argus feature request: CIFS

> _______________________________________________
> http://argus.tcp4me.com/
> [email-masked]
> http://www.tcp4me.com/mailman/listinfo/arguslist
>