Subject: Acking objects manually

From: sqrex <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 15:19:57 +0000

Hi
First, I want to thx U guys for great job.

I`ve got question about acking objects.
I wanna have objects acked manually by some shell or perl script. Is 
there any way to do this ?
I tried to change manually line "status: active" to "status: acked" in 
notify directory but it didn`t help. I tried also telneting to port 80 
and sending "GET /cgi-bin/arguscgi?func=ntfyack;idno=5896 HTTP/1.1" but 
it require login first and i don`t know how to do this without breaking 
telnet sesssion.

I`m using argus 3.4 on linux machine.

If there is any way to do this, please let me know about this.

Regards,
Giker

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 10:48:26 -0700

I think you could get this done using argusctl.  Here's the doc
http://argus.tcp4me.com/advuse.html .  If you do "argusctl help" you get a
list of all options and I believe the option you want is notify_ack.

...Matt Cleveland
...Web Architect
...Health Net Inc
...916.935.1248
[email-masked]

* There's no place like 127.0.0.1

             sqrex                                                         
             <[email-masked]>                                             
             Sent by:                                                   To 
             arguslist-bounces         [email-masked]                
             @tcp4me.com                                                cc 
                                                                           
                                                                   Subject 
             08/18/2006 08:19          Acking objects manually             
             AM                                                            

             Please respond to                                             
             Discussion about                                              
                   Argus                                                   
             <arguslist@tcp4me                                             
                   .com>                                                   

Hi

Regards,
Giker
_______________________________________________
http://argus.tcp4me.com/
[email-masked]
http://www.tcp4me.com/mailman/listinfo/arguslist

This  message,together  with  any  attachments, is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity
to which it is addressed. It may contain information
that is confidential and prohibited from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that  any dissemination  or copying of this
message or any attachment is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this message in error, please notify
the  original  sender immediately by telephone or by
return e-mail and delete this message, along with any
attachments, from your computer.  Thank you.