Subject: Sending Argus notifications via SNMP

From: Andy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 14:53:45 +0100

Sending out notifications via SNMP which will be caught on another machines
SNMP traps.

   Any ideas or suggestions on how to implement this?

   Thanks,
            Andy.

---

From: "Frithiof Jensen (AH/LMD)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:43:19 +0200

> Sending out notifications via SNMP which will be caught on 
> another machines SNMP traps.
> 

The Net-SNMP tools have "snmptrap" and and "snmpinform" command-line
tools that are useful for hand-crafting traps:

http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/docs/man/

Getting this to work is basically the "the same story" as when setting
up mails on services UP/DOWN (long time since I tinkered with it) ...
Except one needs to deal with proper OID e.t.c. for the Trap/Inform.
 
How to run scripts on events is certainly in the Argus docs somewhere.