Subject: Monitoring RADIUS

From: Richard van Katwijk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 12:43:05 +0200

Hi,

Does anyone have any advice on getting Argus to monitor FreeRADIUS?

The docs just say to "set server_status=1 in the config", which i have done
(in fact it was like this by default), and examples only show the Argus
config as needing to be:
---
Service UDP/RADIUS
---
with no additional parameters. However, Argus continues to show radius as
down.

I can confirm that the radius status server is working:
---
root@server / # echo "Message-Authenticator = 0x00,
FreeRADIUS-Statistics-Type = 1" | radclient localhost:18120 status
adminsecret
Received response ID 180, code 2, length = 140
        FreeRADIUS-Total-Access-Requests = 0
        FreeRADIUS-Total-Access-Accepts = 6
        FreeRADIUS-Total-Access-Rejects = 0
        FreeRADIUS-Total-Access-Challenges = 0
        FreeRADIUS-Total-Auth-Responses = 6
        FreeRADIUS-Total-Auth-Duplicate-Requests = 0
        FreeRADIUS-Total-Auth-Malformed-Requests = 0
        FreeRADIUS-Total-Auth-Invalid-Requests = 0
        FreeRADIUS-Total-Auth-Dropped-Requests = 0
        FreeRADIUS-Total-Auth-Unknown-Types = 0
---

Also the Argus instance and the radius server are on the same machine, so
that should eliminate any firewall issues.

Thanks in advance,
Richard