Subject: RE: Fresh argus install...graphs not working

From: Jeff Weisberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 12:39:01 -0500 (EST)

| I was chatting with Jeremy earlier and we got things working.  I don't know
| if there is a bug with the "syslog: daemon" setting on solaris 8 sparc but
| that is what the problem appears to have been.

I'm running argus on a solaris 8 box, and cannot duplicate this.

what version of perl?

do other syslog facilities (such as 'local1') work? or also fail?

	--jeff

---

From: "Scott Hiemstra" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 19:31:04 -0500

This is perl, v5.8.3 built for sun4-solaris

I don't know if this is a standard module or not but I do have a syslog
module which I don't remember installing but may have.
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.3/syslog.pl

All other syslog events seem to work ok, I have a cisco router logging just
fine.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Jeff Weisberg
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 12:39 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Fresh argus install...graphs not working

| I was chatting with Jeremy earlier and we got things working.  I don't
know
| if there is a bug with the "syslog: daemon" setting on solaris 8 sparc but
| that is what the problem appears to have been.

what version of perl?

	--jeff
_______________________________________________
http://argus.tcp4me.com/
[email-masked]
http://www.tcp4me.com/mailman/listinfo/arguslist