Subject: argus-dev-20080202 and notifies

From: "Aaron L. Meehan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 15:36:48 -0700

Hi all,

  I decided to try out argus-dev-20080202 on our network here, and
after upgrading from argus-3.5 noticed differences in the way notify
works.  Specifically, our notify line at the top of config did not
seem to inherit like before.  Notifies were not being sent out unless
and until we placed a notify line into specific service stanzas.

  Now, Argus has been used here for some time without anyone bothering
to really figure out how to configure and use it well, so I'm in a
learning curve here.  Is this behavior a feature in the
latest-and-greatest development code?

Regards,

Aaron Meehan
Central Oregon Internet

---

From: Jeremy Kister <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 19:19:41 -0400

> and until we placed a notify line into specific service stanzas.

I've noticed some differences with notifications as well - and i'm sure 
the author is thinking about it.  i'd bet this behavior isnt going to 
stay this way.

i'd also bet that this is the reason i've been sleeping so well at 
night, lately :)

-- 

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net./