Subject: messageup, messagedn in Subject: of notify email

From: Jordan Kojouharov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 16:37:10 +1000

Hi there,

I've been using argus for a while now, and keep getting impressed with 
the number of different features I keep discovering - what a great bit 
of software!

I would like to be able to display the 'messageup' and 'messagedn' text 
in the SUBJECT of the notify email, as well in the body.

Is there a way to set that up from within the config file, or do i need 
to change the Notify.pm and NotMe.pm to suit my needs.

I had a look at the list archives, as well as the FAQ and doc, and my 
search has proven fruitless - maybe i've missed something?

any help is appreciated,
Jordan

---

From: Jeff Weisberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 12:20:35 -0400 (EDT)

| I've been using argus for a while now, and keep getting impressed with
| the number of different features I keep discovering - what a great bit
| of software!
| 
| I would like to be able to display the 'messageup' and 'messagedn' text
| in the SUBJECT of the notify email, as well in the body.
| 
| Is there a way to set that up from within the config file, or do i need
| to change the Notify.pm and NotMe.pm to suit my needs.
| 
| I had a look at the list archives, as well as the FAQ and doc, and my
| search has proven fruitless - maybe i've missed something?

create a new notification method in your config file, if is named
"mail" it will replace the built-in definition.

the built in definition is:

    Method "mail" {
	command:	/usr/sbin/sendmail -t
	send:		To: %R\nFrom: %F\nSubject: Argus%E\n\n%M\n
    }

adjust as desired. the various % sequences can be found on:
	http://argus.tcp4me.com/notif.html