Subject: Re: TCP/HTTPS makes argus restart

From: Jeff Weisberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:49:21 -0500 (EST)

| Thanks, you can use https://www3.brgs.org. It's the specific webserver
| made public via portforwarding (what shouldn't make any difference,
| AFAIK).

I added a TCP/HTTPS test to the above server, using argus 3.3,
and it works ok from here.

	--jeff

---

From: Dariush Forouher <[email-masked]>
Date: 26 Mar 2004 16:21:36 +0100

> and it works ok from here.

Yepp, I've found the problem, it was caused by a used module:

As an additional test I ran argusd in foreground on the console with
debbuging enabled. Shortly it died with the following revealing message:

Can't locate auto/Net/SSLeay/want_write.al in @INC (@INC contains:
/var/argus/perl /usr/local/lib/argus /usr/local/lib/perl/5.6.1
/usr/local/share/perl/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5
/usr/lib/perl/5.6.1 /usr/share/perl/5.6.1 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at
/usr/local/lib/argus/SSL.pm line 153

Without knowing the Argus source or Net::SSLeay in detail the root of
this problem seems to be lying in the non-existens of the function
'want_write'.
Version 1.08 of Net::SSLeay doesn't have this file while the current
version 1.25 does have it.
After upgrading this perl module to the new version the problem is gone!

Thanks for your help anyway!

ciao
Dariush