Subject: Argus broken after upgrading perl

From: Tigran Zakoyan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 01:05:25 -0000

Hi everybody,

happily running argus for 10+ years to monitor my hosts; however, today,
after running full system upgrade (my system is Arch Linux, and I really
like it), I got the web page of Argus completely unuvailiable with 500
error from server.
It's got clear very soon that CGI.pm has mistically disappeared after the
upgrade; well, I installed it back.
But, alas! - I couldn't get much more than something like "you need to log
in" on the web-interface of Argus that, well, started to say at least
something.
The error from web-server was:

Can't locate object method "startform" via package "CGI" at
/usr/local/argus/lib/web_login.pl line 107

Well. I went into /usr/local/argus/lib/, found 3 files there, containing 4
lines, referencing to "startform", and replaced it by  "start_form". Done.
My brand new version of perl is v5.22.0, and system is Arch Linux, I have
had mentioned before.
You have been warned :)

Cheers,
Tigran Zakoyan.

---

From: Tigran Zakoyan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 01:16:53 -0000

BTW, the same goes to endform/end_form.