Subject: object counting/status behavior

From: Jeremy Kister <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 18:00:11 -0400

I have a Top object called Connectivity
Connectivity has children*: NY group and PA group
each connectivity child has children*:  T1 group and T3 group
each of those children have hundreds of Service Ping objects

I'd like the Top Connectivity display (both the number and status colors 
of objects up/down/override) associated with the great-grandchildren 
(the Service Ping objects), vs the grandchildren (the T1 and T3 groups).

I don't want to change the layout of the design -- there's far too many 
objects to load when only using the T1 and T3 groups.

I think i'm looking for an inverse "countstop" parameter.

hints?  feature request?

*list summarized for this discussion

-- 

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net./

---

From: Jeff Weisberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 20:31:21 -0500 (EST)

| I'd like the Top Connectivity display (both the number and status colors 
| of objects up/down/override) associated with the great-grandchildren 
| (the Service Ping objects), vs the grandchildren (the T1 and T3 groups).
| 
| I don't want to change the layout of the design -- there's far too many 
| objects to load when only using the T1 and T3 groups.
| 
| I think i'm looking for an inverse "countstop" parameter.

| hints?  feature request?

showing the total number of services instead of the numbers
currently shown would probably be less confusing to people,
and it also turns out to be easier to calculate.

feature changed.

if the old counting behaviour is desired, strategically
placed 'countstop' parameters can be used.