Subject: config file

From: "McKinnon, Joe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:49:00 +1000

Hi,

I'm using dev-20031215 and it appears that it has issues with message up and
message down.

As an example, the following is embedded in a much large group of items.
However whenever either 'Prog' test goes down/up we still get the down/up
emails.  I was under the impression that Argus works with the idea that if
you have enabled/disabled an option in the config file that it flows through
the configuration for all items in the same group.  Therefore I was
expecting to not see up and down messages.  Note it appears that the
'retries' option does work as I expected.

Host "AIC" { 
	messagedn:
	messageup:
	Service Prog { 
		command: /opt/racqbin/Admin_Monitor/check_oracle_alertlog.sh
AIC
		expect: 0
		label: ALERT
	} 
	Service Prog { 
		command: /opt/racqbin/Admin_Monitor/check_oracle_dbjobs.sh
AIC
		expect: 0
		label: JOBS
	}
}

Therefore what is the correct behaviour of the settings in the config files.

Cheers Joe

/**************************************************\
*                                                  *
* Joseph McKinnon BSc.                             *
* Systems/Database Administrator                   *
* Royal Automobile Club of Queensland              *
* Member, System Administrators Guild of Australia *
*                                                  *
* Phone: (07) 3361 2876                            *
*                                                  *
\**************************************************/ 

Please Note:

This communication has been sent on behalf of The Royal Automobile Club of
Queensland Limited (RACQ).  The information contained in this communication
may be privileged and confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient,
any use, disclosure or copying of this communication is expressly
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please delete
it immediately.  RACQ and its associated entities do not warrant or
represent that this communication (including any enclosed files) is free
from electronic viruses, faults or defects.