Subject: Enabling Graphing

From: Neil Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 13:41:57 -0700

I'm working on enabling graphing for the argus setup I'm currently running.

I've installed GD.pm (and it's pre-requisites) and it seems to be
running correctly.  There is one failure when running 'make test' when
support for jpeg is enabled - no errors when I disable jpeg support.

I've re-installed libjpeg but no luck.  I guess my first question is:
- is jpeg support required for graphing?
  From the arguscgi file it looks to me like the png format is used -
just looking for confirmation that I'm not missing something.

The arguscgi file also suggests that an error in Graphing is reported
with "Graphing support not included" message.  I'm not getting such a
message in my $datadir/log file - is there anywhere else this would appear?

I've copied the example from the Graphing doc
(http://argus.tcp4me.com/graphing.html) into my config file - changing
only the hostnames to those of local machines. - and so there should no
be any problem here.

I'm currently getting no graphs or error messages in my argus GUI - does
any have any suggestions as to where I may be going wrong?

OS: RedHat
WebServer: Apache

Many thanks,
Neil

---
Neil Campbell
ICE - Broomfield, CO
Ext: 75187