Subject: object uname in notification subject?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:06:46 +0100

Hi all,

i have been playing around with customized notifications methods a while 
ago. Currently my overriden mail notifcation method looks like this:

Method "mail" {
   command:    /usr/sbin/sendmail -t
   send:       To: %R\nFrom: %F\nSubject: [Argus] - %O %S\n\n%M\n\n\
Overview: https://argus.ma.bifab.de/cgi-bin/arguscgi?func=ntfylist\n\
Notify: https://argus.ma.bifab.de/cgi-bin/arguscgi?func=ntfyack;idno=%I
}

Is it possible to display the uname of an object in the subject of the 
notification mails? Currently the subjects get rather messed up by those 
long object names. 

I tried the %O{param} sequence (%O{'uname'}, %O{uname}) to no avail. 
Aren't the items listed on the debugging page of an object its parameters?

Regards,

Sebastian Kayser

---

From: Sebastian Kayser <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 18:54:16 +0100

> Aren't the items listed on the debugging page of an object its 
parameters?

I just dug into the source code - nice comments there ;) - and it seems as 
if the problem is hidden in NotMe.pm. The message text is normally 
referred to as $txt and when it comes to expansion for %O parameters as 
$msg.

The following "patch" fixes this for both the current dev version 
(20041008) and the stable 3.3.

--- src/NotMe.pm        2004-12-15 18:36:32.000000000 +0100
+++ src/NotMe.pm.patched        2004-12-15 18:36:53.000000000 +0100
@@ -189,7 +189,7 @@
     if( $txt =~ /%O/ ){
        my( $param, $value );

-       if( $msg =~ /%O{([^\}]+)}/ ){
+       if( $txt =~ /%O{([^\}]+)}/ ){
            $param = $1;
            $param =~ s/^\s+//;
            $param =~ s/\s+$//;

Regards,

Sebastian Kayser