Subject: Notifying within hosts and services

From: Percy Kwong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 16:59:20 -0400

I have a service within a group that needs a script to be run to restart 
that service if it goes down.  I was wondering if I define a method to 
run the script and place an "notifyalso: Mymethod" within the service 
definition if that would be possible?

Basically, I would like to run the restart script only for that service 
and for no others within the group or host.

Do I need to create a separate group for that one service and place the 
notifyalso statement within the new group definition or can i just 
specify the notifyalso command within the service definition for the 
existing group?

Thanks In Advance.

---

From: Jeff Weisberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 10:36:06 -0400 (EDT)

| I have a service within a group that needs a script to be run to restart 
| that service if it goes down.  I was wondering if I define a method to 
| run the script and place an "notifyalso: Mymethod" within the service 
| definition if that would be possible?
| 
| Basically, I would like to run the restart script only for that service 
| and for no others within the group or host.
| 
| Do I need to create a separate group for that one service and place the 
| notifyalso statement within the new group definition or can i just 
| specify the notifyalso command within the service definition for the 
| existing group?

you can add it to the service

	Service something {
		notifyalso: mymethod...
	}