Subject: BER.pm conflicts

From: "Jeremy Kister" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 02:12:28 -0400

After finally sitting down to fix a few months old problem, I have found
that when using both Argus and Cricket under mod_perl on the same server,
the included BER.pm from Argus confuses Cricket.

Interestingly I didnt realize a BER.pm was included with argus, until a
Google for BER.pm+mod_perl :)

Error log says:
[Mon Aug 23 01:34:43 2004] [error] BER version 1.01 required--this is only
version 0.58 at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.5/Exporter/Heavy.pm line
121.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/SNMP_Session.pm line 52.\nCompilation
failed in require at
/home/hostedsites/cricket.example.net/cricket/lib/snmpUtils.pm line
11.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/home/hostedsites/cricket.example.net/cricket/lib/snmpUtils.pm line
11.\nCompilation failed in require at
/home/hostedsites/cricket.example.net/cricket/lib/Common/Map.pm line
23.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/home/hostedsites/cricket.example.net/cricket/lib/Common/Map.pm line
23.\nCompilation failed in require at
/home/hostedsites/cricket.example.net/www/cgi-bin/cgi-bin/grapher.cgi line
57.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/home/hostedsites/cricket.example.net/www/cgi-bin/cgi-bin/grapher.cgi line
57.\n

I have removed Argus's BER.pm and it is currently using the BER.pm that
ships with the SNMP package from CPAN.

both Argus and Cricket seem happy.

Have I broken anything about Argus?

Why is and old BER.pm shipped with Argus vs it being a dependancy ?

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net/