Subject: Re: SNMP Version 2

From: Jeff Weisberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 14:23:00 -0400 (EDT)

| Does Argus support SNMPv2c? The devices I'm trying to monitor, Motorola 
| Canopy radios, only support SNMP Version 2. I can access them using 
| snmpget using the -v2c flag. However, Argus always reports a UDP 
| timeout error. I've changed the value of the snmpversion parameter, but 
| it has no effect.

version 3.4 of argus does not support snmpv2c.

I just added some code the dev version, but I have nothing
to test it against. but you're welcome to play with it.

	Service UDP/SNMPv2c {
		# ...
	}

	--jeff

---

From: Scott Woods <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 19:46:40 -0500

> to test it against. but you're welcome to play with it.

Thanks for the reply. I installed the latest dev version, 20050610, and 
added the UDP/SNMPv2c line to my config. It didn't work, and I got the 
following error message in the log:

Incomplete specification or unknown protocol for Service SNMPv2c

Scott