Subject: Ignoring Downs during certain times

From: "Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 15:15:51 -0400

Hi all,

    I looked through the docs, but I don't see anything regarding 
this..  It may not exist at all, but I figured I'd ask.

    I have a few tests that have known downtimes.  For instance, I 
monitor the diskspace on all of my servers.  Overnight, between 12:00 
and 12:30 am, the servers create the backup tarballs to be copied to 
other servers.  This causes the hard drive space to exceed the set 
threshold.  I could increase the threshold to take this into effect, but 
I want to ensure that there is no huge increase in disk space outside of 
that time.

    I would like to be able to tell Argus that between 12:00 and12:30am, 
ignore the down.  Better yet, I would love to be able to say to use a 
different threshold during that time...  Does Argus have a feature that 
will do this?  Is this something I can request to be added?

Thanks!

-- 
---------------------------
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
Engine / Technology Programmer
[email-masked]
RedHat Certified - RHCE # 803004140609871
MySQL Pro Certified - ID# 207171862
MySQL Core Certified - ID# 205982910
---------------------------
"Something mysterious is formed, born in the silent void. Waiting alone and unmoving, it is at once still and yet in constant motion. It is the source of all programs. I do not know its name, so I will call it the Tao of Programming."