Subject: notify vs. notifyalso

From: "Chris Stith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:13:07 -0600

Jeremy Kister wrote:

JK> Also, at least in the current version, i beleive your group notify
overrides
JK> your general notify --
JK> if your "testgroup" goes down, only [email-masked] will be
notified.

JK> if you want both addresses to be notified, you can use:
JK>   Group "testgroup" {
JK>    notifyalso: mail:[email-masked]
JK>    ...

That's not what I've been seeing. When placing notify: at the
top of the group, it is added to the preexisting notify list
instead of replacing it.

When I place it below the hostname, which Jeff says is incorrect,
it does nothing but it doesn't put an error in the log.

--
Chris S.
[email-masked]
Family Online, 888-332-6843