Subject: Argus running out of memory

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:36:58 +0000

Hello all, 
I've been tracking down an Argus problem.  It seems as if every 20 minutes, the argusd child process dies and restarts.  A typical restart of the process takes 3-5 minutes so this is of quite a concern to me.  I ran argusd with the -d option and aside from the normal notification and problem messages I got this just before the process decided to die :
Out of memory!
Out of memory!
Out of memory!
Out of memory!
Out of memory!
Out of memory!
Out of memory!
Out of memory!

I'm a bit perplexed as to why argus is using so much memory.  The system is installed with half a gig of memory and really doesn't have much installed on it. Anyone ever encounter this before? 

-Bryan

---

From: Jeff Weisberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 10:31:55 -0400 (EDT)

| I've been tracking down an Argus problem.  It seems as if every 20 minutes, the argusd chil
| d process dies and restarts.  A typical restart of the process takes 3-5 minutes so this is
|  of quite a concern to me.  I ran argusd with the -d option and aside from the normal notif
| ication and problem messages I got this just before the process decided to die :
| Out of memory!

| I'm a bit perplexed as to why argus is using so much memory.  The system is installed with 
| half a gig of memory and really doesn't have much installed on it. Anyone ever encounter th
| is before? 

use a less buggy version of perl.

	--jeff