Subject: Re: full working example

From: Jeff Weisberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 13:13:47 -0400 (EDT)

| Do someone had posted a full working example of Argus?

the argus tarball has an examples directory with
sample configs.

| I already tried everything, it starts but I cannot get anything except
| errors on my Asterisk Server.

providing a copy of the config and error messages
might be useful...

---

From: "Carlos Alperin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 20:21:30 -0400

Sorry, 

But it took me almost a month to have time to come back to work on this.

I got it working, but when I modified the config file, it stop working
again.

This is the /var/argus/config

[root@Fedora argus]# cat config

# locations of various items on web pages
sirensong:      /var/argus/sound/whoopwhoop.wav
bkgimage:       /var/www/html/argus/img/argus.logo.gif
icon:           /var/www/html/argus/img/smile.gif
icon_down:      /var/www/html/argus/img/sad.gif
nospkr_icon:    /var/www/html/argus/img/nospkr.gif
style_sheet:    /var/www/html/argus/argus.css

# send messages to syslog
syslog:         daemon

# who should be notified when things break?
#notify:                mail:[email-masked]

# don't summarize notifications
nolotsmsgs:     yes

# enable built in tcp test port
test_port:      5038

# enable built in resolver
Resolv

#added by hand
chmod_control: 777

################
# asterisk server (voip)

Host "x9.y9.x9.z83" {
        # set in /etc/asterisk/manager.conf
        user:   user
        pass:   password

        Service TCP/Asterisk {
                # make sure PRI is up
                cmd:            pri show span 1
                expect:         Provisioned, Up, Active
        }

        Service TCP/Asterisk {
                # graph number of channels in use
                cmd:            show channels
                pluck:          (\d+) active channel
                graph:          yes
                title:          Channels In Use
        }

        # test iax + sip

        Service UDP/IAX2 {
                # graph number IAX of channels in use
                cmd:            iax2 show channels
                pluck:          (\d+) active channel
                graph:          yes
                title:          IAX Channels In Use
        }

        Service UDP/SIP {
                # graph number of SIP channels in use
                cmd:            sip show channels
                pluck:          (\d+) active channel
                graph:          yes
                title:          SIP Channels In Use
        }
}

This is the last part of the log, showing when it stop working

[2005/8/13 21:06:47] [2519] successful restart - Argus running
[2005/8/13 22:58:28] [2519] child caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/13 22:58:28] [2518] parent caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/13 23:22:26] [2853] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 31
- additional data not permitted here (ignored)
[2005/8/13 23:22:26] [2853] successful restart - Argus running
[2005/8/14 13:47:41] [2853] child caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/14 13:47:42] [2852] parent caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/14 14:03:04] [2655] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 31
- additional data not permitted here (ignored)
[2005/8/14 14:03:05] [2655] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 58
- additional data not permitted here (ignored)
[2005/8/14 14:03:05] [2655] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 59
- additional data not permitted here (ignored)
[2005/8/14 14:03:05] [2655] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 60
- additional data not permitted here (ignored)
[2005/8/14 14:03:05] [2655] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 61
- additional data not permitted here (ignored)
 [2005/8/14 14:03:05] [2655] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 65
- additional data not permitted here (ignored)
[2005/8/14 14:03:05] [2655] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 66
- additional data not permitted here (ignored)
[2005/8/14 14:03:05] [2655] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 67
- additional data not permitted here (ignored)
[2005/8/14 14:03:05] [2655] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 68
- additional data not permitted here (ignored)
[2005/8/14 14:03:05] [2655] successful restart - Argus running
[2005/8/14 14:06:29] [2655] shutting down - rc.argusd stop
[2005/8/14 14:06:29] [2655] child caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/14 14:06:29] [2654] parent caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/14 14:06:36] [2774] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 31
- additional data not permitted here (ignored)
[2005/8/14 14:06:36] [2774] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 58
- additional data not permitted here (ignored)
[2005/8/14 14:06:36] [2774] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 59
- additional data not permitted here (ignored)
[2005/8/14 14:06:36] [2774] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 60
- additional data not permitted here (ignored)
[2005/8/14 14:06:36] [2774] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 61
- additional data not permitted here (ignored)
[2005/8/14 14:06:36] [2774] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 65
- additional data not permitted here (ignored)
[2005/8/14 14:06:36] [2774] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 66
- additional data not permitted here (ignored)
[2005/8/14 14:06:36] [2774] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 67
- additional data not permitted here (ignored)
[2005/8/14 14:06:36] [2774] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 68
- additional data not permitted here (ignored)
[2005/8/14 14:06:36] [2774] successful restart - Argus running
[2005/8/14 14:08:36] [2774] shutting down - rc.argusd stop
[2005/8/14 14:08:36] [2774] child caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/14 14:08:36] [2773] parent caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/14 14:08:43] [2811] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 31
- additional data not permitted here (ignored)
[2005/8/14 14:08:43] [2811] successful restart - Argus running
[2005/8/14 14:09:32] [2811] shutting down - rc.argusd stop
[2005/8/14 14:09:32] [2811] child caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/14 14:09:32] [2810] parent caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/14 14:09:39] [2838] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 31
- additional data not permitted here (ignored)
[2005/8/14 14:09:39] [2838] successful restart - Argus running
[2005/8/14 14:15:09] [2838] shutting down - rc.argusd stop
[2005/8/14 14:15:09] [2838] child caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/14 14:15:09] [2837] parent caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/14 14:15:16] [2990] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 31
- additional data not permitted here (ignored)
[2005/8/14 14:15:16] [2990] successful restart - Argus running
[2005/8/14 14:17:36] [2990] shutting down - rc.argusd stop
[2005/8/14 14:17:36] [2990] child caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/14 14:17:36] [2989] parent caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/14 14:17:43] [3039] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 31
- additional data not permitted here (ignored)
[2005/8/14 14:17:43] [3039] successful restart - Argus running
[2005/8/14 14:18:29] [3039] shutting down - rc.argusd stop
[2005/8/14 14:18:29] [3039] child caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/14 14:18:29] [3038] parent caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/14 14:18:36] [3069] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 31
- additional data not permitted here (ignored)
[2005/8/14 14:18:36] [3069] successful restart - Argus running
[2005/8/14 14:19:15] [3069] shutting down - rc.argusd stop
[2005/8/14 14:19:15] [3069] child caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/14 14:19:15] [3068] parent caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/14 14:19:23] [3095] successful restart - Argus running
[2005/8/14 14:21:05] [3095] child caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/14 14:21:05] [3094] parent caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/14 14:35:19] [2675] successful restart - Argus running
[2005/8/14 14:45:21] [2675] config file '/var/argus/config' changed -
restarting
[2005/8/14 14:45:21] [2675] child caught signal SIGHUP - exiting
[2005/8/14 14:45:22] [2859] successful restart - Argus running
[2005/8/14 14:49:09] [2859] shutting down - rc.argusd stop
[2005/8/14 14:49:09] [2859] child caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/14 14:49:09] [2674] parent caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/14 14:49:16] [2912] successful restart - Argus running
[2005/8/14 15:01:37] [2912] shutting down - rc.argusd stop
[2005/8/14 15:01:37] [2912] child caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/14 15:01:37] [2911] parent caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/14 15:01:44] [3184] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 30
- additional data not permitted here (ignored)
[2005/8/14 15:01:44] [3184] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 62
- unused parameter 'cmd' - typo?
[2005/8/14 15:01:44] [3184] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 70
- unused parameter 'cmd' - typo?
[2005/8/14 15:01:44] [3184] successful restart - Argus running
[2005/8/14 15:02:54] [3184] shutting down - rc.argusd stop
[2005/8/14 15:02:54] [3184] child caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/14 15:02:54] [3183] parent caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/14 15:03:01] [3212] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 31
- additional data not permitted here (ignored)
[2005/8/14 15:03:01] [3212] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 63
- unused parameter 'cmd' - typo?
[2005/8/14 15:03:01] [3212] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 71
- unused parameter 'cmd' - typo?
[2005/8/14 15:03:01] [3212] successful restart - Argus running
[2005/8/14 15:07:03] [3212] shutting down - rc.argusd stop
[2005/8/14 15:07:03] [3212] child caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/14 15:07:03] [3211] parent caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/14 15:07:10] [3303] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 31
- additional data not permitted here (ignored)
[2005/8/14 15:07:10] [3303] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 63
- unused parameter 'cmd' - typo?
[2005/8/14 15:07:10] [3303] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 71
- unused parameter 'cmd' - typo?
[2005/8/14 15:07:10] [3303] successful restart - Argus running
[2005/8/14 15:07:56] [3303] shutting down - rc.argusd stop
[2005/8/14 15:07:56] [3303] child caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/14 15:07:56] [3302] parent caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/14 15:08:03] [3327] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 63
- unused parameter 'cmd' - typo?
[2005/8/14 15:08:04] [3327] WARNING: in file '/var/argus/config' on line 71
- unused parameter 'cmd' - typo?
[2005/8/14 15:08:04] [3327] successful restart - Argus running
[2005/8/14 15:08:21] [3327] shutting down - rc.argusd stop
[2005/8/14 15:08:21] [3327] child caught signal SIGTERM - exiting
[2005/8/14 15:08:21] [3326] parent caught signal SIGTERM - exiting

But the http://fedora/cgi-bin/arguscgi shows:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable
to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email-masked] and inform
them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that
may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Now, in the /var/log/httpd/error_log I got:
[Sun Aug 14 15:04:24 2005] [error] [client 192.168.1.9] ERROR: could not
connect to argusd on unix socket '/var/argus/control': Permission denied
[Sun Aug 14 15:04:24 2005] [error] [client 192.168.1.9] ERROR: could not
connect to argusd on unix socket '/var/argus/control': Permission denied
[Sun Aug 14 15:04:24 2005] [error] [client 192.168.1.9] cannot tie auth
'/var/argus/auth': Permission denied
[Sun Aug 14 15:04:25 2005] [error] [client 192.168.1.9] Premature end of
script headers: arguscgi
[Sun Aug 14 15:08:33 2005] [error] [client 192.168.1.9] ERROR: could not
connect to argusd on unix socket '/var/argus/control': Permission denied
[Sun Aug 14 15:08:33 2005] [error] [client 192.168.1.9] ERROR: could not
connect to argusd on unix socket '/var/argus/control': Permission denied
[Sun Aug 14 15:08:33 2005] [error] [client 192.168.1.9] cannot tie auth
'/var/argus/auth': Permission denied
[Sun Aug 14 15:08:33 2005] [error] [client 192.168.1.9] Premature end of
script headers: arguscgi
[Sun Aug 14 20:18:28 2005] [error] [client 192.168.1.9] ERROR: could not
connect to argusd on unix socket '/var/argus/control': Permission denied
[Sun Aug 14 20:18:28 2005] [error] [client 192.168.1.9] ERROR: could not
connect to argusd on unix socket '/var/argus/control': Permission denied
[Sun Aug 14 20:18:28 2005] [error] [client 192.168.1.9] cannot tie auth
'/var/argus/auth': Permission denied
[Sun Aug 14 20:18:28 2005] [error] [client 192.168.1.9] Premature end of
script headers: arguscgi

Like if after modify the config file, I change something related to the
security or the ownership of the file. (????)

Any clue???

Thanks,

Carlos Alperin
Senior System Engineer 
Seneca Communications, LLC
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Jeff Weisberg
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2005 1:14 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: full working example

_______________________________________________
http://argus.tcp4me.com/
[email-masked]
http://www.tcp4me.com/mailman/listinfo/arguslist

---

From: Jeff Weisberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:09:30 -0400

On 14 Aug, 2005, at 20:21, Carlos Alperin wrote:
> [...]
> [...]

you cannot put 'data' (parameter: value) after the 'Resolv'. move
the chmod_control line before the Resolv line.

your config should be in an order similar to:

     data
     Method, Resolv, DARP
     Group, Service