Subject: arguscgi permission denied

From: Jeff D <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 16:36:29 -0600

i am attempting to setup argus as a replacement for our current  
monitoring system.  all permissions seem to be fine, the services are  
running and tests are returning machine down messages.

however, i cannot seem to access the web interface.  trying to access  
the arguscgi  through the browser gives me this message in my httpd  
log file:

(13) Permission denied: access to /cgi-bin/arguscgi denied.

I saw another previous post about modifying the argusd script but do  
not feel that is the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Jeff D

---

From: "Gonzalo Perez Brun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 22:31:02 -0300

It`s extrange....my argus start working following the documentation 
steps...anyway maybe i can help, please send me more info like:

1) Apache configuration (section where you declare the argus staff).
2) User that apache use.
3) directory path and permissions and owner.
4) files permissions and owner.
5) config and user files permissions and owner.

Gonzalo.

>From: Jeff D <[email-masked]>
>Reply-To: Discussion about Argus <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: arguscgi permission denied
>Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 16:36:29 -0600
>
>i am attempting to setup argus as a replacement for our current  monitoring 
>system.  all permissions seem to be fine, the services are  running and 
>tests are returning machine down messages.
>
>however, i cannot seem to access the web interface.  trying to access  the 
>arguscgi  through the browser gives me this message in my httpd  log file:
>
>I saw another previous post about modifying the argusd script but do  not 
>feel that is the problem.
>
>_______________________________________________
>http://argus.tcp4me.com/
>[email-masked]
>http://www.tcp4me.com/mailman/listinfo/arguslist

_________________________________________________________________
Regístrate en el nuevo Windows Live Messenger beta. 
http://imagine-msn.com/minisites/messenger/default.aspx?locale=es-ar