Subject: Re: Enabling Graphing

From: Jeff Weisberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 15:57:46 -0500 (EST)

| I'm working on enabling graphing for the argus setup I'm currently running.
| 
| I've installed GD.pm (and it's pre-requisites) and it seems to be
| running correctly.  There is one failure when running 'make test' when
| support for jpeg is enabled - no errors when I disable jpeg support.
| 
| I've re-installed libjpeg but no luck.  I guess my first question is:
| - is jpeg support required for graphing?

nope, just png.

[...]
| I'm currently getting no graphs or error messages in my argus GUI - does
| any have any suggestions as to where I may be going wrong?

did you re-configure argus after installing GD?
if not,
	./Configure --upgrade
	make
	make install

| OS: RedHat

you are posting from a 'sun.com' address and not running Solaris?
this can't be good... :-)

	--jeff

---

From: Neil Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:58:07 -0700

Thanks for getting back to me Jeff.

> did you re-configure argus after installing GD?

Done that now - and it gives me the message:
"found GD - including graphing support"
whilst running './Configure --upgrade'

Still not getting any graphs on the screen.  Does it take some time 
after enabling graphs that they appear - or should "empty" graphs be 
displayed and then updated as the system runs?

FYI - I have files (~100k) in $datadir/gdata as docs suggest - but I 
don't have anything in $datadir/gcache.  Permissions for gcache and 
gdata are as per docs.

> this can't be good... :-)

Don't worry it's a one-off. Can't be using the world's favourite OS all 
the time - sometimes just got to make life difficult for ourselves ;-)

Thanks,
Neil

---
Neil Campbell
ICE - Broomfield, CO
Ext: 75187