Subject: Re: config file

From: "Jeremy Kister" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:55:28 -0500

On Tuesday, January 13, 2004 8:49 PM, Joe McKinnon wrote:
> emails.  I was under the impression that Argus works with the idea that if
> you have enabled/disabled an option in the config file that it flows
through
> the configuration for all items in the same group.  Therefore I was

There are a bunch of paramaters that are inherited, and a bunch that are
not.  Easiest thing for you to do is put 'sendnotify: no' under each service
(note a sendnotify: no under the Host or Group would reference the whole
group notification, not the individual services, nor does it inherit.)

> expecting to not see up and down messages.  Note it appears that the
> 'retries' option does work as I expected.

at http://argus.tcp4me.com/config-details.html, "inherit" is listed as a
'retries' attribute... I believe the easiest way to find if the param is
inherited is to look there.

Jeremy Kister
www.jeremykister.com/jeremy/

PLEASE NOTE:

ANY DISCLAIMER ATTACHED TO THIS MESSAGE MAY BE USED FOR AMUSMENT PURPOSES
ONLY AND SHOULD BE IGNORED.