Subject: second argusd (child) keeps restarting

From: Robert Sander <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:59:46 +0000 (UTC)

Hi!

I just upgraded from Argus 3.2.1 to current stable 3.3 and now the
argusd child (which doe sall the work) keeps restarting every minute.

Apart from

[2004/6/29 12:56:18] [24715] successful restart - Argus running
[2004/6/29 12:57:12] [24792] successful restart - Argus running
[2004/6/29 12:58:12] [24799] successful restart - Argus running

There is nothing in the logfile.

Is this a known problem?

Greetings
-- 
Robert Sander
Manager                                                  Epigenomics AG
Information Systems        www.epigenomics.com        Kastanienallee 24
+493024345330                                              10435 Berlin

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:41:52 +0200

> There is nothing in the logfile.

I just stumbled across this, too. Seems as if Argus 3.3 depends on 
Net::SSLeay v1.25 when testing HTTPS services. Updating from Net::SSLeay 
v1.08 to Net::SSLeay v1.25 worked for me.

This is naturally only valid, if you are testing HTTPS services. The above 
log file entries would indicate a HTTPS service test at 60 seconds 
interval.

> Is this a known problem?

This was already reported. Have a look at the arguslist archives:
http://www.tcp4me.com/pipermail/arguslist/2004-March/000123.html

Regards,

Sebastian Kayser