Subject: RE: Argus at 1 Month

From: "J-Michael Roberts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 09:05:42 -0500

I've had Argus running for 56 days straight - no problems, no worries,
and it lets me get a good night's sleep without worry.

As for my wishlist - I'd like to see an add-on that allows for
configuring from the interface.  Sure, I can SSH into the box and make
my changes - but being able to do it right in the interface where I'm
looking at the systems in question would be a nice bonus.

-J

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Patrick Giagnocavo
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 7:26 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Argus at 1 Month

I thought I would give some impressions of Argus after it having run 
for one month on a system, with no problems.

Good things:
-stable as all get out!  I have had it running for a month, RAM usage 
has not grown, it keeps on running and running.

-simple to use

-relatively simple to configure (but see below)

Areas for Improvement:
-would like to understand graphing better
-would like to see more real-world examples
-would like better explanation of SNMP and how to determine the right 
variables to ask for

Cordially
Patrick Giagnocavo
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
http://argus.tcp4me.com/
[email-masked]
http://www.tcp4me.com/mailman/listinfo/arguslist