Subject: Feature Request: limit override mode and lifetime

From: Jeremy Kister <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:44:03 -0500

It'd be very useful for me to specify the type and maximum duration of
an override on an object and/or inherited basis.

For example,

there are some things (like BGP to our upstreams) that I do not allow
overrides on, because they _will_ be manually overridden with no
expiration, and we _will_ forget about the overrides.  I sometimes
remember to 'argusctl ovlist', but that's just overhead.

I suggest syntax similar to the following:
ov_type: any
ov_type: manual
ov_type: auto

and
ov_maxtime: 86400

although, with current behavior, this means if "ovtype: auto" is listed,
the object would only be able to be overridden if it was currently down :-/

-- 

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net/