Subject: argusctl hup removes overrides

From: Nathan Butler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 16:54:36 -0500

I've been running argus for awhile now and I've recently come across the
problem when I hup argus after configuration changes that all overrides
are lost and I have to re-override everything. This started occurring
after a migration of argus from one server to another.

I've downloaded the entire archive list and grepped through it but I
haven't found anything pertaining to this type of problem. I'm thinking
its a permissions issue within the data directory but I'm not sure.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Nathan

---

From: Jeff Weisberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:30:11 -0500 (EST)

| I've been running argus for awhile now and I've recently come across the
| problem when I hup argus after configuration changes that all overrides
| are lost and I have to re-override everything. This started occurring
| after a migration of argus from one server to another.
|
| I've downloaded the entire archive list and grepped through it but I
| haven't found anything pertaining to this type of problem. I'm thinking
| its a permissions issue within the data directory but I'm not sure.

it sounds like a permissions issue on the files in data/stats
directory. either fix the permissions or delete the files.