Subject: RE: Remote Console Connection Problems

From: "Hill, Martin \(HQ\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 08:21:27 +0100

Hi Jeremy

I have synched the clocks (they were out), and tried again with the
following results :- 

1. With IE 6 + all latest SP's and HP's I cannot get - in same problem
(unfortunately it is the default for our network) 
2. With a non MS browser (opera) everything works correctly?!?!

HOWEVER - 

As the system works with Opera, I have surmised that either the temp
Inet file cache or the cookie cache is corrupt, so I have wiped them
down and IE now works!!! - Problem solved

I think that a combination of time synch and corrupt cache was the issue
here.

Many thanks for your help

Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Jeremy Kister
Sent: 03 October 2005 21:02
To: Discussion about Argus
Subject: Re: Remote Console Connection Problems

On 10/3/2005 11:24 AM, Hill, Martin (HQ) wrote:
> However when using a remote browser I cannot log into Argus, I get
asked
> for the user/ pass at the argus login page then it just sends me
> straight back to the user/pass page again for re authentication!!

is your browser accepting cookies?  is your server's clock synchronized 
with your workstation's clock ?

After checking those two, you can send me your arguscgi URL along with a

working username and password; I'll try to help.

> All inbound and outbound e-mails are scanned by 
<excess babble snipped>

Your "disclaimer" was longer than your entire meaningful message -- 
such behavior is considered rude when posting on public mailing lists. 
I can send you a gmail invite so that you can post prettier messages, if

you need one.

-- 

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net./

_______________________________________________
http://argus.tcp4me.com/
[email-masked]
http://www.tcp4me.com/mailman/listinfo/arguslist

This email was scanned by MessageLabs on behalf of SEWS-E.

Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems (Europe) Ltd

All inbound and outbound e-mails are scanned by BT Net VirusScreen on behalf of SEWS-E. This service quarantines e-mails containing viruses, unsuitable material and any password protected or encrypted attachments. 

Confidential information may be contained in this message.  If you are not the addressee indicated (or responsible for delivery of the message), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and notify the sender. Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of SEWS-E shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.