Subject: override being ignored

From: Matt Hess <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 04:51:21 -0700

I'm having a problem with overrides - they are being completely ignored 
by argus.
I try placing an override on a host or service and sometimes it will 
work fine but as of late it would appear that multiple up/downs of a 
monitored (via ping) host/router on a qwest curcuit causes the override 
to be completely ignored.. email alerts still go out.. even with autoack 
on.. it's insane because we end up just being flooded by one host having 
packetloss problems or other qwest-induced issues..

Is there anything I can do about this? I'm dying here - especially when 
it sends to my cell phone over and over and over and over in the 
freaking dead of night and I'm helpless to stop it except by turning 
argus off!

---

From: "Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 08:21:48 -0500

Matt Hess wrote:

> I'm having a problem with overrides - they are being completely 
> ignored by argus.
> monitored (via ping) host/router on a qwest curcuit causes the 
> override to be completely ignored.. email alerts still go out.. even 
> with autoack on.. it's insane because we end up just being flooded by 
> one host having packetloss problems or other qwest-induced issues..
>
> Is there anything I can do about this? I'm dying here - especially 
> when it sends to my cell phone over and over and over and over in the 

Double check permissions on all of your Argus directories and files..  I 
had this problem at one point and that was the solution...

-- 
---------------------------
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
Engine / Technology Programmer
[email-masked]
RedHat Certified - RHCE # 803004140609871
MySQL Pro Certified - ID# 207171862
MySQL Core Certified - ID# 205982910
---------------------------
"Something mysterious is formed, born in the silent void. Waiting alone and unmoving, it is at once still and yet in constant motion. It is the source of all programs. I do not know its name, so I will call it the Tao of Programming."