Subject: expect parameter

From: "Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:22:45 -0400

Hi all,

    Just a quick question...  Does the expect parameter use a full regex 
expression?  I'm trying to monitor the replication status on my MySQL 
server and I want to ensure that Slave_IO_Running and Slave_SQL_Running 
are both Yes.  I believe I can do this by checking for the string "| 
Yes        | Yes" in the return of "show slave status;" ...  I just need 
to figure out how to get that into Argus :)  I was thinking something 
along the lines of  | Yes/s+| Yes   ...  Maybe?

-- 
---------------------------
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
Engine / Technology Programmer
[email-masked]
RedHat Certified - RHCE # 803004140609871
MySQL Pro Certified - ID# 207171862
MySQL Core Certified - ID# 205982910
---------------------------
"Something mysterious is formed, born in the silent void. Waiting alone and unmoving, it is at once still and yet in constant motion. It is the source of all programs. I do not know its name, so I will call it the Tao of Programming."

---

From: Jeff Weisberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:46:47 -0400 (EDT)

| Is there any way to debug this?  The expect expression I'm using isn't
| working and I'm not sure yet why ...

click the link labeled 'Debugging' or run
  argusctl about object=Top:Foo:Bar:...

the value labeled 'test::currvalue' is the value that
gets tested.

	--jeff