Subject: new arguscgi errorness

From: "Jeremy Kister" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 14:18:00 -0500

I have one window dedicated to watching the Top page of Argus (dev-20040115)
that should be refreshing every 90 seconds, 24/7.

I've recently been experiencing an odd phoenomenon: when I check my web
browser in the morning (that's "afternoon" for most folks), that has had
arguscgi in it all night, i see an Error message:
ERROR     Unable to access Top
404 Param Not Found

the [slightly hostname-obfuscated] url that is displayed in my browser is:
https://argus.example.net/cgi-bin/arguscgi?object=Top;func=page;top=1

a simple 'refresh' loads up the Top page.  I do not know exactly when this
started, but I do believe it was before the dev-20040115 upgrade.

this happens to others in my organization, as well as my home machine -- I
don't beleive it is due to a PEBKAK.

ancillary info includes that i'm now upgrading to dev-20040120.  any ideas?

Jeremy Kister
www.jeremykister.com

---

From: Jeff Weisberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 20:21:07 -0500 (EST)

| I have one window dedicated to watching the Top page of Argus (dev-20040115)
| that should be refreshing every 90 seconds, 24/7.
| 
| I've recently been experiencing an odd phoenomenon: when I check my web
| browser in the morning (that's "afternoon" for most folks), that has had
| arguscgi in it all night, i see an Error message:
| ERROR     Unable to access Top
| 404 Param Not Found
| 
| the [slightly hostname-obfuscated] url that is displayed in my browser is:
| https://argus.example.net/cgi-bin/arguscgi?object=Top;func=page;top=1

it isn't clear to me why or how that is happening.

are there any interesting errors in the web server error_log?

	--jeff

---

From: "Jeremy Kister" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 21:40:16 -0500

> are there any interesting errors in the web server error_log?

[11280] (sscott Top) ERROR: Unable to access <I>Top</I><BR>404 Param Not
Found
ERROR: Died at /usr/local/lib/argus/web_misc.pl line 81.
[ .. lots of connect to argusd failed/Connection refused .. ]
[18555] (nocnmc Top) ERROR: Unable to access <I>Top</I><BR>404 Param Not
Found
ERROR: Died at /usr/local/lib/argus/web_misc.pl line 81.

might this also be a good time to print the current time to the error log ?