Subject: Prog tests

From: "Jeremy Kister" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 00:36:58 -0500

It seems as if the behavior of one of my tests has changed with a recent
upgrade.

from my config:
        Service Prog {
                sendnotify:     no
                label:          Paging
                frequency:      300
                retries:        1
                command:        grep "\#" /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-syswatch
                nexpect:        ^\#
        }

Previously, this only alarmed if a # was found at the beginning of any line
of my /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-syswatch

presently, since grep is exiting with code 1 (because it hasnt found a #),
debugging shows:
srvc::reason Prog - exited with error

I think paying attention to the exit code is a good thing, but perhaps argus
should only if  there is a parameter in the config like max_exit_value
and/or min_exit_value

Jeremy Kister
www.jeremykister.com