Subject: Navigation links disappeared

From: "Joel Gray" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 12:55:26 -0800

Hello all,
 
I recently (this morning) upgraded from version 3.2 to 3.3.  The upgrade
went ok as far as I can tell, however the links on the pages are no
longer there.  When I go to the Top page, no links are available on the
left.  I do have all of my monitor groups and I can drill down into
them.  When doing that, the only link I have on the left is the "Top"
link.
 
Looking at the rendered HTML, I noticed that all of the missing links as
well as some other missing titles for columns being out put as <a
href="...."><L10N Display Config></a>.  What was the <L10N> tag for?  I
removed those tags from the necessary .pm files in /usr/local/lib/argus
(backing up the originals of course) but I am not sure what their
purpose was.
 
Can anyone tell me if removing those tags will cause me problems?
 
Thanks in advance
-Joel

---

From: Jeff Weisberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 18:46:55 -0500 (EST)

| I recently (this morning) upgraded from version 3.2 to 3.3.  The upgrade
| went ok as far as I can tell, however the links on the pages are no
| longer there.  When I go to the Top page, no links are available on the
| left.  I do have all of my monitor groups and I can drill down into
| them.  When doing that, the only link I have on the left is the "Top"
| link.
| 
| Looking at the rendered HTML, I noticed that all of the missing links as
| well as some other missing titles for columns being out put as <a
| href="...."><L10N Display Config></a>.  What was the <L10N> tag for?  I

they are used to provide i18n/l10n support, and are processed
by arguscgi.

| removed those tags from the necessary .pm files in /usr/local/lib/argus
| (backing up the originals of course) but I am not sure what their
| purpose was.
| 
| Can anyone tell me if removing those tags will cause me problems?

probably.

you are still running the old version of arguscgi. verify
that your web server is finding the correct cgi. then, if
you are using mod_perl, stop and restart the web server.

	--jeff

---

From: "Joel Gray" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 17:33:45 -0800

Jeff,

Thank you!  That was exactly the problem.  I had not moved the arguscgi
into my web directory, now all is well.

-Joel 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Jeff Weisberg
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2004 3:47 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Navigation links disappeared

| I recently (this morning) upgraded from version 3.2 to 3.3.  The 
| upgrade went ok as far as I can tell, however the links on the pages 
| are no longer there.  When I go to the Top page, no links are 
| available on the left.  I do have all of my monitor groups and I can 
| drill down into them.  When doing that, the only link I have on the
left is the "Top"
| link.
| 
| Looking at the rendered HTML, I noticed that all of the missing links 
| as well as some other missing titles for columns being out put as <a 
| href="...."><L10N Display Config></a>.  What was the <L10N> tag for?  
| I

they are used to provide i18n/l10n support, and are processed by
arguscgi.

| removed those tags from the necessary .pm files in 
| /usr/local/lib/argus (backing up the originals of course) but I am not

| sure what their purpose was.
| 
| Can anyone tell me if removing those tags will cause me problems?

probably.

you are still running the old version of arguscgi. verify that your web
server is finding the correct cgi. then, if you are using mod_perl, stop
and restart the web server.

	--jeff

_______________________________________________
http://argus.tcp4me.com/
[email-masked]
http://www.tcp4me.com/mailman/listinfo/arguslist

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content, and is
believed to be clean.