Subject: Problem with Argus

From: "Emilio Escobar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 16:34:58 -0500

Hi, I've had argus running for a while now. I had to make the lamest thing
ever and was to reboot the box, now whenever I try to log into argus it
doesn't give me a login error it sets the title to "Redirecting." so the
authentication is no problem but it redirects me to the login page instead
of the Top one

Any ideas?

-----------------------

Emilio Escobar  [email-masked]                        /
Ayustar Corp. 

Software Development                                               /
Dial-up Access / Wireless Access

Security Administrator                                               /
For the best service call 787-440-3232

- Great spirits have always encountered strong oppositions from mediocre
minds. -

---

From: "Jeremy Kister" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 20:42:45 -0400

On Wednesday, April 07, 2004 6:03 PM, Emilio Escobar wrote:
> Hey thanks for the reply... In my $datadir I have auth.dir and auth.pag,
> which one do I have to delete? I thought it was a cookie problem but it
> works on none of the computers here at the office..

neither.  I see that in default installs 'auth' is not in
/usr/local/argus/data/.  try /usr/local/argus/auth or /home/argus/auth.

actually, when you install newer versions of argus, it automatically removes
the old auth file, so i doubt that's the solution.

will have to wait for more opinions on this..

Jeremy Kister
www.jeremykister.com/jeremy/

---

From: Jeff Weisberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 13:40:04 -0400 (EDT)

| > Hey thanks for the reply... In my $datadir I have auth.dir and auth.pag,
| > which one do I have to delete? I thought it was a cookie problem but it
| > works on none of the computers here at the office..

both. since you aren't using DB_File, they aren't automatically
removed when you upgrade. (also note, whatever you are using
has never been tested, and may be causing the problem)

after removing them, and then logging in, do they get created?

are there any odd messages in your web servers 'error log'?

	--jeff