Subject: DOWN view in Argus

From: "Bryan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:02:11 -0500

Hello all, 

Is there a way to create a group or view which shows every item that is down
in the other groups?

For example if I have three groups on my TOP Screen...Can I add a 4th group
which would show everything that was down in the first 3 groups?  The reason
that I ask is because I have a rather large amount of servers that I need to
monitor for connectivity, scrolling through a webpage of 500 to 1000 items
can get rather annoying.  

Thanks, 

Bryan

---

From: "Jeremy Kister" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 02:29:54 -0500

> Is there a way to create a group or view which shows every item that is
down

Not that I know of, but a few lines of perl can do a [rather] good job.

http://www.jeremykister.com/jeremy/code/argus/down.pl

drop that into your /cgi-bin/, chown/chmod accordingly, and put
<a href="/cgi-bin/down.pl"> in your footer_all or such.

you may have to modify the location of argusctl, whoopwhoop.wav, and/or your
refresh interval.

very untested, and i'm sure of two instances that will show an object when
it probably shouldnt.
I'm sure someone (or I) could come up with a prettier solution, but thats
what you get for 15 min of free programming :)

Jeremy Kister
www.jeremykister.com/jeremy/

---

From: Jeff Weisberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 14:10:33 -0500 (EST)

| Is there a way to create a group or view which shows every item that is down
| in the other groups?

no.
you may be able to write your own code to do it though.

| For example if I have three groups on my TOP Screen...Can I add a 4th group
| which would show everything that was down in the first 3 groups?  The reason
| that I ask is because I have a rather large amount of servers that I need to
| monitor for connectivity, scrolling through a webpage of 500 to 1000 items
| can get rather annoying.  

why not just create more groups, each containing fewer servers?

	--jeff