Subject: authentication internals

From: "Alexandru E. Ungur" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 20:04:14 +0300

Hi all,

I'm trying to integrate Argus into a website and I want to
have a single authentication, that is, when users login into
the site to automaticaly become logged in into Argus as well.

I see that new_cookie() from $LIBDIR/web_misc.pl is what 
eventually creates the cookie data. I also see that the 
cookie data along with all the cookie info (chome, cgroups, 
expiry, etc.) is written into $DATADIR/auth

I have two things that I don't know though: is the data written
into the 'argus' cookie just random data? My Perl is a bit
rusty unfortunately... but it looks like it.
and 2. what is the format of the auth file? I suppose the random
data from 'argus' cookie is the key by which the record in
auth file is looked up.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
TIA,

Alex