Subject: Re: Argus notifies

From: Jeff Weisberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 22:10:18 -0400 (EDT)

| I have argus installed and running and am trying to get the notifies working
| like i want.  I would like to have argus email every 5 min or so until the
| notify is acknowledged, then not notify anymore the Documentation is a
| little light in the Notification area so im not sure if this is possible.
| right now what i have setup is this:
| 
| # don't summarize notifications
| nolotsmsgs:     yes
| notify:         mail:[email-masked]
| 
| autoack: yes

setting autoack will cause argus to automatically acknowledge
notifications. if they are acknowledged, they don't get resent.
so you want to remove that line.

---

From: jeff <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 15:01:16 -0700

> so you want to remove that line.

_______________________________________________
> http://argus.tcp4me.com/
> [email-masked]
> http://www.tcp4me.com/mailman/listinfo/arguslist

Right now it doesnt matter wether the notifications are ack'ed or not
because argus sends somewhere between 3-7 seperate email notifications when
a site goes down.  I was thinking i was getting a notification for each
group that the service was nested in but the amount of emails vary.  Any
ideas on why it would be doing that?