Subject: Too many notifications

From: "Wadams, Peter T (Adecco Tech - Boise)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:50:28 -0600

Hi,

I've got my argus box up and it's working brilliantly.  The problem I'm
having right now is that if something goes down, I get 22 identical
emails telling me about it.  They're all sent within seconds of each
other and then I get no more emails after the 22.

I have:

 autoack: yes 
&
 ackonup: yes

Already in the config file.  I haven't found any specific documentation
on how to address this.  Any help?

Thanks!
Pete.

---

From: "Shawn Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:02:16 -0400

Are you sending your notifications to a Microsoft Exchange Group by
chance? I had similar problems when I tried to do this however I got 7
identical emails each time something went down. I think this is a bug
because when I took the group out of the notify list and added
individual addresses it worked fine. 

 -----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Wadams, Peter T (Adecco Tech - Boise)
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 2:50 PM
To: Discussion about Argus
Subject: Too many notifications

Hi,

I have:

 autoack: yes
&
 ackonup: yes

Thanks!
Pete.

_______________________________________________
http://argus.tcp4me.com/
[email-masked]
http://www.tcp4me.com/mailman/listinfo/arguslist

---

From: "Wadams, Peter T (Adecco Tech - Boise)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 13:14:04 -0600

Thanks for the reply Shawn,

I don't think that's my problem, as I'm just trying to send to one email
address.  My config file is as follows:

ackonup:	yes
autoack:	yes
notify:	mail: [email-masked]
syslog:	local1

It seems like this should be fairly straight ahead, but I'm still
getting 22 emails every time something goes down or up, and all I need
is 1. 

Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Pete.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Shawn Scott
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 1:02 PM
To: Discussion about Argus
Subject: RE: Too many notifications

 -----Original Message-----

Hi,

I have:

 autoack: yes
&
 ackonup: yes

Thanks!
Pete.

---

From: "Wadams, Peter T (Adecco Tech - Boise)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 08:59:54 -0600

I may have figured it out, and possible found a bug.  I get multiple
emails if I've made a change to the "config" file.  If I reboot after
making a change, I only get one message - as it should be.  But, if I
make one change, I'll get 2 emails....Etc.  The reason I was getting 22,
was because I added 22 servers and saved after each one.  Once I
rebooted everything was fine.  So, I've been testing it out with several
saves and reboots and it is consistant.  Anyway, just thought I'd let
everyone know in case someone else is dealing with this.  If anyone can
think of a way around this, I would be much abliged, but if not, it's
not the end of the world to reboot every time.  Thanks!

Pete. 

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 1:14 PM

ackonup:	yes
autoack:	yes

Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Pete.

 -----Original Message-----

Hi,

I have:

 autoack: yes
&
 ackonup: yes

Thanks!
Pete.