Subject: Re: Questions - Features

From: Jeff Weisberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 21:00:53 -0400 (EDT)

| For my part, what I meant was, that it would be nice to have a yellow 
| colour for visualisation of alerts which are considered warnings. This 
| way administrators know that they have to look at it, but not 
| necessarely urgently.

to some extent, you can control that with the 'severity' setting.

| You get an alert. The services goes red on the web interface. An alert 
| goes to a sys admin. The admin looks at the issue, acknowledges that he 
| is working on it. Great.
| 
| What is very useful is having a visual way of representing that, there 
| is an alert, but someone is looking at it. This could be a check mark, etc.

in argus, the first admin would click the 'override' button on the
web page and enter a brief note (and possibly a ticket number).
it will then show up on the web page as gray in the override column.

see:
	http://argus.tcp4me.com/override.html

| Maybe argus already has all this and I should just go try all the 
| features and be done with it! :-)

go play!

	--jeff