Subject: Setting the "mailfrom" parameter

From: "Wadams, Peter T (Adecco Tech - Boise)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:58:26 -0600

Hi everyone,

I have a question about notifications.  I've been all through the docs
and and haven't been able to figure this out.  I have argus 3.4 running
on slackware 10 with sendmail for my mail noification.  I want to be
able to set argus to use an email "from" address that I specify.  Right
now it's sends out from Argus@[mydomain].com, and because of the
infrastructure that I have to work with, that will not work.  So, if I
could change that to something else I would be a very happy boy.

All I've found that might help me is a reference to a notify::mail_from
parameter on this page: http://argus.tcp4me.com/debug-details.html .
But, I have no idea how to apply this to my setup.  Do I insert a line
into my config file? If so, what is the syntax?  Or, do I have to
manipulate another file on the sysem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Pete.

---

From: Jeremy Kister <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 13:04:35 -0400

On 8/11/2005 11:58 AM, Wadams, Peter T (Adecco Tech - Boise) wrote:
> I want to be able to set argus to use an email "from" address
> that I specify.  Right

in your config, before any of your Groups or Services, just

mail_from: [email-masked]

all objects beneath inherit the value, and life is good.

you can get a list of all parameters for the config file at
http://argus.tcp4me.com/config-details.html

-- 

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net/