Subject: problem starting argusd

From: "Erni Juniati" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:55:17 -0400

Hi,
Argus-3.3 is installed on RedHat 6.2 with perl 5.00503. When starting argusd
(/usr/local/sbin/argusd) got this error message:
Can't locate warnings.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/argus
/usr/lib/p
erl5/5.00503/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i3
86-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at
/usr/local/lib/argus/Service.pm li
ne 601.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/lib/argus/Service.pm line
601.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/sbin/argusd line 29.

I don't find anything in argus log file or system log file.

Please help.

Thanks,
Niek

---

From: "Alexandru E. Ungur" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 00:21:22 +0300

>>> sender: "Erni Juniati" date: "Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 04:55:17PM -0400" <<<EOQ
> Hi,

You don't find anything in Argus log file because it's not an Argus problem.
As the above error message says: "can't locate warnings.pm". That's because
warnings.pm was introduced later than Perl 5.00503
Solution: Perl upgrade

HTH,
Alex