Subject: auto-ack after escalation

From: Neil Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 16:12:47 -0700

Hi,

Is there a feature in Argus to auto-ack notifications after the systems 
are down for a certain amount of time?

For example, argus re-sends notifications to a mailing list every 5 
minutes.  If it gets to 30 minutes and issue is still not ack-ed I am 
escalating to a seperate bug-tracking tool, this be done from command 
line, and is working well.

Once the issue has been passed to the bug-tracking tool, I want the 
notifications to stop (they'll have already received 6 emails doesn't 
seem much point in sending them any more), and I don't want the same 
issue to be re-sent to the bug-tracking tool.

There's two ways I'd imagine this could be possible:
1. acknowledge from within the escalation method  - I don't have access 
to the notification id at this point, so can't be done with 'argusctl 
notify_ack'
2.  set a time limit on auto-ack, i.e. "auto-ack in 30 minutes"

I've been looking through the 'argsud -D' and can't see any way to set 
this up.  - I'm probably just missing something simple.

Any assistance or advice would be great.

Many thanks,
Neil

---

From: Neil Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 15:19:05 -0700

Sorted this now...

I created a method called ack_notify:

Method "ack_notify" {
	command:  argusctl notify_ack idno=%I
}

and then called it during esclation:

escalate 30 BugTrackingTool:start 31 ack_notify:

This work well.

Thanks,
Neil

Neil Campbell wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> http://argus.tcp4me.com/
> [email-masked]
> http://www.tcp4me.com/mailman/listinfo/arguslist