Subject: Argus using Apache Authentication

From: Jeff Foster <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 10:56:49 -0500

Can Argus use the underlying Apache authentication and accept
$ENV{REMOTE_USER} ?

I would like to do this to eliminate the login page. I'm willing to keep the
'user' file for checking the user 
home directory and capabilities. 

Jeff Foster
[email-masked]

***
The information in this e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail, delete this e-mail, and refrain from any disclosure or action based on the information.
***

---

From: Dariush Forouher <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 20:20:23 +0200

> home directory and capabilities. 

I have modified arguscgi to use Apache's basic_auth mechanism, so it 
receives username and password without any user interaction (see 
attachment). Don't know if it's what you're looking for, though.

regards
Dariush