Subject: func=rss

From: "Scott Hiemstra" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 10:28:00 -0400

I'm aware rss is still listed in the "Future" section of the site but I also
notice it is pretty stable and reliable within 3.5 so I've been playing with
it.  Something I would like to do is tie into it with our in-house rss
aggregator which is PHP based.  I'm encountering issues when I attempt to
run the script because argus requires authentication to access the
"?func=rss" function.

Is there a way to disable authentication when accessed from this script, ip
address, disable just for rss or pass the login information through the rss
function?

Scott

---

From: "Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 11:33:32 -0400

> address, disable just for rss or pass the login information through the rss

For what it's worth, I wrote a todo list manager a while back that had
RSS functionality in it as well.  I ran up against the same problem and
solved it by adding separate "passwords" for RSS access.  This allowed
the user some measure of security, while not opening their entire
account up to the world if the RSS feed was compromised.  Works out
amazingly well.

> Scott

- --
- ---------------------------
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
Engine / Technology Programmer
[email-masked]
RedHat Certified - RHCE # 803004140609871
MySQL Pro Certified - ID# 207171862
MySQL Core Certified - ID# 205982910
- ---------------------------
"Something mysterious is formed, born in the silent void. Waiting alone
and unmoving, it is at once still and yet in constant motion. It is the
source of all programs. I do not know its name, so I will call it the
Tao of Programming."