Subject: Timed Overrides?

From: Falk Stern <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 23:32:58 +0200

Hi,

Is it possible to schedule overrides from the webinterface?

So I can schedule an override, when a customer announces, that he has  
a maintainance period "tomorrow, somewhere between 2am and 4am"?

(I can't schedule an override right now because the customer pays for  
monitoring and the service could fail, but tomorrow it almost will be  
forgotten and our on-call staff will be paged ;)

Have a nice day,

Falk
-- 
[email-masked] - Falk Stern - Wieske's Crew GmbH

QOS: having sufficient network capacity everywhere

---

From: Jeff Weisberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 12:08:09 -0400 (EDT)

| Is it possible to schedule overrides from the webinterface?
|
| So I can schedule an override, when a customer announces, that he has
| a maintainance period "tomorrow, somewhere between 2am and 4am"?

you can put recurring overrides in your config file using the "cron"
syntax (see http://argus.tcp4me.com/faq.html question 15)

but if this is just a one time event, you might be better using
a standard unix 'at' job with the override program (in the argus
contrib directory)