Subject: [feature request] Override Notification

From: "Jeremy Kister" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 03:28:25 -0500

It'd be nice to have a config key that would make argus notify me when
someone puts an object in override.

something like
override_notify:    mail:[email-masked]

would be perfect.

I would supply some hacked up code, but it'd never make it into distribution
anyway :)

Jeremy Kister
www.jeremykister.com/jeremy/

---

From: Jeff Weisberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:32:18 -0500 (EST)

| It'd be nice to have a config key that would make argus notify me when
| someone puts an object in override.

but the whole point of an override is to prevent getting notified.

but, when an override is installed something will be sent to
your 'notify_audit' 

and, you can add code that runs when an override is installed
by defining an 'override_policy' method and loading it with a
	load_modules: my_custom_code.pl

grep the source for 'override_policy', for details.

	--jeff

---

From: "Jeremy Kister" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:44:09 -0500

> but the whole point of an override is to prevent getting notified.

it's all about choices these days :)  I certainly agree that i wouldnt want
my cell phone going nuts at 4am because someone put something in override -- 
that would be just as bad as getting the status change notification -- but
sending an email that my MUA filters into my 'interesting things to see'
folder so that i can take a look in the morning would be a good option.

> grep the source for 'override_policy', for details.

sounds easy enough.  that's the way i'll go for now :)

Thanks,

Jeremy Kister