Argus Problem

Jeremy Kister argus-01 at jeremykister.com
Wed Dec 31 05:19:12 EST 2003

On Wednesday, December 31, 2003 4:57 AM, piresg wrote:

> The error log is empty and i've got my daemon (argusd) running.

If argus is still starting up, it may not be able to show you the error log
via the web cgi.

try tailing the "log" file (located where you configured argus's data dir)
# tail /home/software/argus/log

look for "successful restart - Argus running" after all references of
"shutting down" or "child caught signal SIGHUP".  hints as to what the
problem is could be in the log file, too.

also, how much CPU is argusd using ? (the top program can help answer)

> This situation happen when i'm login for the 2nd time.

so when you log in with no other users logged in, all is fine?  starting
with no logged in users, what if you log in, log out, and log in again?

Jeremy Kister
www.jeremykister.com/jeremy/