Argus running out of memory

scapin at comcast.net scapin at comcast.net
Mon Apr 26 17:36:58 EDT 2004

Hello all,
I've been tracking down an Argus problem.  It seems as if every 20 minutes, the argusd child process dies and restarts.  A typical restart of the process takes 3-5 minutes so this is of quite a concern to me.  I ran argusd with the -d option and aside from the normal notification and problem messages I got this just before the process decided to die :
Out of memory!
Out of memory!
Out of memory!
Out of memory!
Out of memory!
Out of memory!
Out of memory!
Out of memory!

I'm a bit perplexed as to why argus is using so much memory.  The system is installed with half a gig of memory and really doesn't have much installed on it. Anyone ever encounter this before?

-Bryan