Rwhois testing

Jeremy Kister argus-01 at jeremykister.com
Tue Apr 27 15:41:20 EDT 2004

for rwhois testing, I've been using the method i suggested (in the
archives).

Recently, i became aware that under corrupt conditions, the rwhois server
will display it's banner, but fail to produce any results when quering for
an ip.  I altered the method to readhow => "toeof", and i changed my config
to:
Service TCP/Rwhois {
    hostname: a.rwhois.broadviewnet.net
    send: 172.16.35.2\r\n
    expect: %ok
}

this seems to be working well; my question is: how can i merge these two
together ?
i.e. when my config reads:
Service TCP/Rwhois {
    hostname: a.rwhois.broadviewnet.net
}
Argus shows the object down ...because TCP timeout: expecting

tcp::rbuffer clearly has the banner -- can i do something in the Rwhois
method to make the socket close while not impacting my new functionality?

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.com/