object uname in notification subject?

Sebastian.Kayser at bifab.de Sebastian.Kayser at bifab.de
Fri Dec 10 08:06:46 EST 2004

Hi all,

i have been playing around with customized notifications methods a while
ago. Currently my overriden mail notifcation method looks like this:

Method "mail" {
   command:    /usr/sbin/sendmail -t
   send:       To: %R\nFrom: %F\nSubject: [Argus] - %O %S\n\n%M\n\n\
Overview: https://argus.ma.bifab.de/cgi-bin/arguscgi?func=ntfylist\n\
Notify: https://argus.ma.bifab.de/cgi-bin/arguscgi?func=ntfyack;idno=%I
}

Is it possible to display the uname of an object in the subject of the
notification mails? Currently the subjects get rather messed up by those
long object names.

I tried the %O{param} sequence (%O{'uname'}, %O{uname}) to no avail.
Aren't the items listed on the debugging page of an object its parameters?

Regards,

Sebastian Kayser