MySQL replication testing

Jeff Weisberg jaw+arguslist at tcp4me.com
Fri Dec 24 17:10:13 EST 2004

Resurrecting an old thread:

| > I'm trying to monitor the replication status on my MySQL
| > server and I want to ensure that Slave_IO_Running and Slave_SQL_Running
| > are both Yes.

[...]

| this could, possibly, yield false positives, though.  To be realy _really_
| sure, run some perl:

[...]

yes, this would work, but running an external script
to do something only slightly different than what argus
can already do, feels wrong.

it's just that no has filed the right feature request...

I don't have any MySQL servers to test with, but I just
added a feature that should get you what you want easier.

	Service DB {
		dsn:	DBI:mysql:host=hostname
		user:	username
		pass:	password
		sql:	show slave status
		rowfmt:	%{Slave_IO_Running} %{Slave_SQL_Running}
		expect:	Yes Yes
	}

notice new feature 'rowfmt'. comments welcome.

	--jeff