Event Correlation

Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold friz at godshell.com
Fri Dec 24 19:30:29 EST 2004

Darren Ellis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use Argus to monitor our network, which has xDSL, wireless and
> dialup.  One feature that I haven't found out how to configure is
> event correlation.  Is there a way to set up a hierarchy of nodes such
> that we get alerted only when a parent node goes down, and the other
> nodes "behind" it, from Argus' view, are simply marked unreachable?

Yeah, you need to set up a dependency tree...

I'm not sure where it is in the documentation, but you set it up like
this : (note the depends keyword)

Group "UPS" {
   Host "UPS 1" {
      hostname: 10.1.0.11
      graph: yes
      Service Ping
      Service UDP/SNMP {
         depends: Top:UPS:UPS_1:Ping_10.1.0.11
         label: On Battery
         community: dream-on
         oid: .1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.1.4.1.1.0
         eqvalue: 2
         graph: no
      }
}

Not sure if you can set up multiple or circular dependencies..  I never
tried...  :)

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
friz at godshell.com
RedHat Certified - RHCE # 803004140609871
MySQL Pro Certified - ID# 207171862
MySQL Core Certified - ID# 205982910