maxvalue logic

Jeremy Kister argus-01 at jeremykister.com
Thu Jan 15 19:20:28 EST 2004

i purposely broke my perl config on one of my mail servers today. (I moved
/usr/local/lib/perl5/ to /usr/local/lib/perl5.old/)

to my suprise, argus did not detect some of the perl-required services on
that machine as down.  further investigation shows that they were all
'maxvalue' tests.  debugging shows:

status up
test unprintable data structure
test::alpha 1
test::currvalue BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/local/script/qmqtool line 14.
test::maxvalue 1200
test::rawvalue BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/local/script/qmqtool line 14.
test::testedp 1

is this test passing because the regex goes something like /(\d+)/ instead
of something like /^(\d+)$/ ?

what is the recommeded solution to this problem?

Jeremy Kister
www.jeremykister.com/jeremy/