Enabling Graphing

Neil Campbell Neil.Campbell at Sun.COM
Thu Jan 22 16:58:07 EST 2004

Thanks for getting back to me Jeff.

> | I'm currently getting no graphs or error messages in my argus GUI - does
> | any have any suggestions as to where I may be going wrong?
>
> did you re-configure argus after installing GD?
> if not,
> 	./Configure --upgrade
> 	make
> 	make install

Done that now - and it gives me the message:
"found GD - including graphing support"
whilst running './Configure --upgrade'

Still not getting any graphs on the screen.  Does it take some time
after enabling graphs that they appear - or should "empty" graphs be
displayed and then updated as the system runs?

FYI - I have files (~100k) in $datadir/gdata as docs suggest - but I
don't have anything in $datadir/gcache.  Permissions for gcache and
gdata are as per docs.

> | OS: RedHat
>
> you are posting from a 'sun.com' address and not running Solaris?
> this can't be good... :-)

Don't worry it's a one-off. Can't be using the world's favourite OS all
the time - sometimes just got to make life difficult for ourselves ;-)

Thanks,
Neil

---
Neil Campbell