Database Testing

Christopher Ferry cferry at whenu.com
Fri Mar 12 13:11:50 EST 2004

Jeremy,

That must be for MySQL 4(I've never worked with replication on 4)
We are using MySQL 3.23.56 and a show slave status produces:
mysql> show slave status;
| Master_Host    | Master_User      | Master_Port | Connect_retry |
Log_File      | Pos       | Slave_Running | Replicate_do_db |
Replicate_ignore_db | Last_errno | Last_error | Skip_counter |

So we only need to check for slave_running.
I think this makes sense, right?

Thanks

Chris