dependencies checks

Josef Bergmann joe at bec.at
Tue Mar 23 04:27:30 EST 2004

Hello!

First of all thanks for this great piece of software. I use netsaint/nagios
since years but I disliked all the time the structure/syntax of the config.
Tried argus now, love it :-)

But I've small problem how should I use "dependencies". For example I have 2
cascaded switches, on the
first is the argus-monitor on the second a server which i want check. I also
check both switches. When the first switch goes down, I don't need checks and
alarms about the second switch and the server (because the couldn't be
reached).

Could "grouping" implement this?

Thanks.

bye Josef