(argus)User defined notification methods.

pedro007 at suomi24.fi pedro007 at suomi24.fi
Tue May 4 04:47:54 EDT 2004

Hi,
could anyone help me with this one. I would like argus to notify me via
sms if something fails. So i installed argus on a machine that I've got
kannel running on.
I found this from docs:

"Argus comes with mail and qpage built in, to add other methods, pick a
name for the method and add to the top of the config file:

Method "annoy" {
		command:	winpopup %R
		send:		%M
	}

	notify:		annoy:bob"
And I changed it to:

Method "sms" {
		command:	sendsms %R
		send:		%M
	}

	notify:		sms:"phone number"

sendsms is the script used for sms sending from command line with kannel.
What might I be doing wrong but everything. Any help would be highly apreciated.
Thanx in advance.

~pete

Parhaat hakupalvelut yhdessä osoitteessa: http://www.eniro.fi/

Suomalaisten yritysten tuotteet ja palvelut: http://yritykset.eniro.fi/