Server Monitoring

Jeff Weisberg jaw+arguslist at tcp4me.com
Thu Oct 14 19:58:07 EDT 2004

|     Is anyone out there using Argus to monitor servers?  I'm looking to
| monitor the CPU and Hard Drive space on the servers ( and maybe other
| stuff ), but I'm not sure how to do this with Argus.  I started looking
| into using net-snmp, but I'm a little overwhelmed with the config for
| this.  In addition, it looks to only monitor load average, and not cpu.
|
|     Is SNMP the only way to do this, or is there something easier?

alternatively, if you look in the argus src directory, there is a
'sys_agent.pl' that you can run from inetd on all of your servers
(you will probably need to modify it to work on your system).

you can then copy the 'SysAgent.pm' file into your $libdir
(modifications may be needed), restart argus. adjust your config file
to use it:

	Host "server1" {

		Service SYS/load
		Service SYS/netstat {