Ignoring Downs during certain times

Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold friz at godshell.com
Sun Oct 17 21:37:26 EDT 2004

Jeremy Kister wrote:

>take a look at "cron jobs" on http://argus.tcp4me.com/config-new.html

Is this legal?  Argus didn't choke on it, but I want to make sure it
does what I think it does...  It should set the maxvalue to 35 except
between the hours of 1am and 4am where it would be set to 40.  Will this
work ok when argus starts up, or do I need to put a maxvalue outside of
the crons?

         Service SYS/disk {
            uname: home
            label: home
            arg: /home
            graph: yes
            cron "0 1 * * * *" {
               func: setparam
               param: maxvalue
               value: 40
            }
            cron "0 4 * * * *" {
               func: setparam
               param: maxvalue
               value: 35
            }

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
friz at godshell.com
RedHat Certified - RHCE # 803004140609871
MySQL Pro Certified - ID# 207171862
MySQL Core Certified - ID# 205982910
"Something mysterious is formed, born in the silent void. Waiting alone and unmoving, it is at once still and yet in constant motion. It is the source of all programs. I do not know its name, so I will call it the Tao of Programming."