Monitoring Hierarchies

Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold friz at godshell.com
Fri Apr 22 10:00:08 EDT 2005

Stephan Buys wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Is there a way to configure hierarchies or dependencies in Argus?

Absolutely!  Check out the depends: configuration option...  A quick
example :

Host "Router" {
   hostname: my.example.com
   Service Ping
   Service UDP/SNMP {
      # insert snmp stuff here
      depends: Top:Router:Ping_my.example.com
   }
}

>An example of what I would like to do is to disable/override all monitors as
>long as my monitoring stations' connection to the network is down.
>
>Thinking about it, I could possible write a notification Method that overrides
>certain groups for the duration of the downtime?
>What would this string look like using argusctl?

Hrm..  I *think* this is possible..  Not sure how it would be done though..

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
friz at godshell.com
RedHat Certified - RHCE # 803004140609871
MySQL Pro Certified - ID# 207171862
MySQL Core Certified - ID# 205982910
"Something mysterious is formed, born in the silent void. Waiting alone and unmoving, it is at once still and yet in constant motion. It is the source of all programs. I do not know its name, so I will call it the Tao of Programming."