Setting the "mailfrom" parameter

Wadams, Peter T (Adecco Tech - Boise) peter.wadams at hp.com
Thu Aug 11 11:58:26 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I have a question about notifications.  I've been all through the docs
and and haven't been able to figure this out.  I have argus 3.4 running
on slackware 10 with sendmail for my mail noification.  I want to be
able to set argus to use an email "from" address that I specify.  Right
now it's sends out from Argus@[mydomain].com, and because of the
infrastructure that I have to work with, that will not work.  So, if I
could change that to something else I would be a very happy boy.

All I've found that might help me is a reference to a notify::mail_from
parameter on this page: http://argus.tcp4me.com/debug-details.html .
But, I have no idea how to apply this to my setup.  Do I insert a line
into my config file? If so, what is the syntax?  Or, do I have to
manipulate another file on the sysem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Pete.