expect & pluck troubles

Jim Roberts jim at screentime.com
Wed Jan 12 22:42:43 EST 2005

I find that when my configuration includes a pluck, but no expect, my
test fails "TEST did not match expected regex".

If I "expect:    .*" everything works as I thought it might. If I leave
the expect: line out, my service always show down.

Here: http://argus.tcp4me.com/xtservices.html there is an example where
there is no expect:, so I didn't think it necessary.

I threw in some extra debugging into "Service.pm" and found that
$my->{test}{expect} had some junk in it, starting with "HTTP"

Perhaps there's some place where the value of $my->{test}{expect}
should be cleared, and isn't?

I have attached my config file, with the domains changed.

It is the longest config that I am having trouble with, ns4, TCP/URL

Actual output from the php script is: "temperature: 33 degrees C"

Here is my config:

----------------

# locations of various items on web pages
sirensong:      /~argus/sound/whoopwhoop.wav
bkgimage:       /~argus/img/argus.logo.gif
icon:            /~argus/img/smile.gif
icon_down:      /~argus/img/sad.gif
nospkr_icon:    /~argus/img/nospkr.gif
style_sheet:   /~argus/argus.css

# send messages to syslog
syslog:         daemon

# who should be notified when things break?
notify:         mail:jim at example.com

frequency:       600
timeout:          30
renotify:       3600

Group "Example" {
         Host "ns1" {
                 hostname: ns1.example.com
                 Service UDP/DNS
                 Service TCP/HTTP
                 Service TCP/POP
                 Service TCP/SMTP
         }
         Host "ns2" {
                 hostname: ns2.example.com
                 Service UDP/DNS
                 Service TCP/HTTP
         }
         Host "ns3" {
                 hostname: ns3.example.com
                 Service TCP/FTP {
                         hostname:       ftp.example.com
                 }
                 Service TCP/HTTP
         }
         Host "ns4" {
                 hostname: ns4.example.com
                 Service TCP/FTP
                 Service TCP/HTTP
                 Service TCP/HTTPS
                 Service TCP/URL {
                         graph:          yes
                         label:          CPUTemp
                         uname:          NS4 Processor Temperature
                         messagedn:      NS4 CPU is over temperature
                         url:
http://www.example.com/cputemp.php
                         pluck:          temperature: (\S*)
                         expect:         .*
                         maxvalue:       45
#                        debug:          yes
                 }
         }
         Host "ns7" {
                 hostname: ns7.example.com