DARP TCP slave issue

Jeremy Kister argus-01 at jeremykister.com
Fri Jul 29 03:15:07 EDT 2005

I've got DARP-3.4_RC20050419 running on my master and slave, both
running Argus 3.4.

on the master, all of the objects have slave status "unknown" -- I'm
trying to fix this.

interesting data:

on the slave, I can connect to the master on port 2055
on the slave, I cannot connect to localhost on port 2055
on the master, I can connect to localhost on port 2055
on the master, I cannot connect to the slave on port 2055

on the slave, argusctl status shows:
version:   3.4
perlver:   5.8.6
osinfo:    SunOS 5.7 sun4m
darpmode:  slave
objects:   323
services:  208
notifies:  0
uptime:    0:08:01

argusctl status shows just about the same on the master:
darpmode:  master
objects:   349
services:  210
notifies:  67
uptime:    21d 9:28:34

relevant config entries on the master:
darp_mode:  failover
DARP "master" {
   slave "slave1" {
      hostname:   slave.example.com
      secret:     secret
   }
}

relevant config entries on the slave:
darp_mode:  failover
DARP "slave1" {
   master "master" {
      hostname:   master.example.com
      secret:     secret
   }
}

any ideas why all the slave statuses on the master are all unknown?

--

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net./