radius always down

Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold friz at godshell.com
Tue May 17 09:42:11 EDT 2005

Lito Lampitoc wrote:

>im using the latest ver. of freeradius, but argus reports it's always
>down. Based on the docu it says set server_status = yes in the config
>but it looks like there's no such parameter for argus.

This seems to work for me :

      Service UDP/RADIUS {
         port: 1812

It doesn't appear that a secret is required to get the server status,
but you *must* have the monitoring machine in the clients.conf file on
the radius server.  My entry for that looks like this :

client {
       secret          = MySecret
       shortname       = Argus Monitoring
       nastype         = other

>need help.

Hope that helps!

Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
Engine / Technology Programmer
friz at godshell.com
RedHat Certified - RHCE # 803004140609871
MySQL Pro Certified - ID# 207171862
MySQL Core Certified - ID# 205982910
"Something mysterious is formed, born in the silent void. Waiting alone and unmoving, it is at once still and yet in constant motion. It is the source of all programs. I do not know its name, so I will call it the Tao of Programming."