Internal Server Error

dan1 dan1 at edenpics.com
Tue Nov 15 05:54:25 EST 2005

Hello.
I am having a problem setting up Argus on a CentOS 4 linux box.
The argusd service is running properly when I type top, but when accessing
the results page on the webserver on the following address
http://192.168.0.1/cgi-bin/arguscgi I get the following error:
500 Internal Server Error

I am using Apache/2.0.52.
I have already seen a post telling that this is not an argus problem but
merely an apache misconfiguration, but I have checked everything in the
config file and the files permissions and all seems ok.

When I look in the apache error log I see those 3 errors:
ERROR: could not connect to argusd on unix socket '/var/argus/control':
Permission denied
cannot tie auth '/var/argus/auth': Permission denied
Premature end of script headers: arguscgi

I have checked the '/var/argus/control' permissions and they are as
following:
srwxrwxrwx  1 root root      0 Nov 15 11:44 control

I cannot change that user and group name, because it is set by the
/usr/local/sbin/argusd program when we run the service. The problem probably
comes from here: it sets permissions to root:root, and Apache cannot access
to it.
Can somebody tell me how to change those permissions at the launch of the
argusd service ? Also, am I doing something wrong or is there an error in
the script ?

Thank you.
Regards,
Daniel