Notifications - How to extract hostname/ip adress

Jeremy Kister argus-01 at jeremykister.com
Tue Sep 6 15:36:19 EDT 2005

On 9/6/2005 4:38 AM, Frithiof Jensen (AH/LMD) wrote:
> I need to extract notifications from Argus and insert them into an SQL database. I would like to use the hostname field as a key to associating alarms with specific hosts, so I need to extract it.
>
> This seems to be doable, the notification documentation says:
>
> """
> The %O{param} - the current value of the specified object parameter (3.3)
> """
> but does not specify what "object parameter" is exactly ("hostname" will not work).
>
> Anyone tried this?

I've implemented an Argus notification SQL log, but had to turn it off.

All I did was make a new method in the config, and sent notifications to it.

Method "sql" {
   command: /export/scripts/sqlnotify.pl %R
   send:    %T - %O - %A
   qtime:      0
   nolotsmsgs: yes
}

Since the script would connect to the db on each run (it wasnt
daemonized), I found that when argus had one too many notifications, all
my perl brought the machine down to it's knees, and I havent put forth
any effort to redesign it.

--

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net./