gravity mod

Jeff Weisberg jaw+arguslist at tcp4me.com
Thu Aug 24 11:38:40 EDT 2006

| considering the below config, If
| Top:Customers:insane:zyx_corp:Ping_10.0.0.3 is down and in override, the
| "insane" group shows as red.
|
| But because all objects that are down in that group are also in
| override, I think it'd make sense for the group to stay up.
|
| agree, jeff ?

once upon a time, a long time ago, that is how it worked.
then it was changed to the current behavior.

the particular case was a config similar to your example
(but a lot bigger). there was a manual override on some
item which happened to be 'up'. since it was up, it was
forgotten. everything then broke. but because of the override
and up-gravity, the group did not show as 'down', and no
one was ever notified.

I believe the change was before overrides had expirations,
so this may not still be an important issue.

comments?