improving the graphs

Andrew Kirch AKirch at AllThingsIT.com
Wed Dec 6 09:57:11 EST 2006

I've been testing some environmental monitoring equipment with Argos'
Graphing functionality, and I think the graphs could really be improved.
I've seen what newer versions of jpgraph can do, and I wonder if maybe
this could be improved.  I'd be happy to test, and certainly could make
suggestions:

* Scale the graph
If a graph is dealing with a dataset range of 800-900 we should  see
something which displays this range clearly, instead of showing 0-800 in
every graph.
* weird polygons
Argus' graphs have always displayed weird polygons, usually in blue, but
on a graph monitoring many services, the graph ends up being difficult
to read at a glance.

Andrew