Background image and sound not working

Allen Miller allen.miller at lymanrichey.com
Fri Jun 2 09:45:06 EDT 2006

I have been using Argus for a number of years and love it.  From my first
install to my most recent upgrade to 3.4, I have never been able to get the
background image or sound to work.  While this is a trivial matter, I have
been unsuccessful at getting even the argus.logo.gif image to appear.

I installed Argus on a Red Hat 9 computer in the folder /netmon/argus.  I
have tried various arrangements in my Argus config file to point to the gif
location, but nothing works.  What am I doing wrong?

Here's the top portion of my config file:

# locations of various items on web pages

# info comment note

sirensong:      /sounds/whoopwhoop.wav
bkgimage:       /imgs/argus.logo.gif
icon:           /imgs/smile.gif
icon_down:      /imgs/sad.gif
nospkr_icon:    /imgs/nospkr.gif

I created the folders imgs and sound off root "/".  I have also created
these folders under /netmon/argus and changed the config file to point
directly to these files: bkgimage: /netmon/argus/imgs/argus.logo.gif  Of
course, I restart Argus after each config file change.  What am I missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Allen Miller