argusctl summary problem

Alexandru E. Ungur alexandru at globalterrasoft.ro
Wed May 10 01:30:47 EDT 2006

>>> sender: "Jeremy Kister" date: "Tue, May 09, 2006 at 06:01:35PM -0400" <<<EOQ
> On 5/9/2006 11:29 AM, Alexandru E. Ungur wrote:
> >summary how many up, how many down, ...
> >^^^^^^^                                         <---- THAT is what I
> >                                                      wanted to spell ;)
>
> OIC, sorry about that; I tried to answer your question before leaving
> for a meeting and missed it's scope.
>
> try argusctl summary object=Top
> or argusctl summary object=Top:Group:whatever
YES! That's it! :) Thanks a lot!!!

# argusctl summary object=Top
ARGUS/2.0 200 OK
status: override
up: 40
down: 0
override: 2

Now I only have one wonder: why does it report for Top
less then the sum of individual groups?
I mean
argusctl summary object=Top:Group1 +
argusctl summary object=Top:Group2
argusctl summary object=Top:GroupN

Gives me a total of 139 services up, and 2 overriden.
The per group summary is perfect and 100% identical to
the one given on the webpage. But why does the Top
report less?

Thanks again,
now I can fill my nice wmii statusbar[1] with argus summary :)

[1] http://pix.slax.no-ip.biz/wmii+argus.png