LDAP authentication

ml-it-argus at epigenomics.com ml-it-argus at epigenomics.com
Wed Jan 10 07:27:19 EST 2007

On 9 Jan 2007 20:07:57 -0600,
 "Jeff D" <jeffd at cct.lsu.edu> wrote:
> does argus offer/support LDAP/apache authentication?  this is critical
> for my system.  I have searched some of the archives and have not
> found any reference to this feature.  any help would be appreciated.

You could sync Argus' users file with your LDAP passwords, if they are
stored in Unix crypt() format. We are doing a similar thing getting the
passwords from the system password db with a little Python script:

#!/usr/bin/python

import pwd, sys

userfile = "/etc/argus/users"

lines = open(userfile, "r").readlines()

output = []

changed = None

for line in lines:
    user, password, object, groups = line.split('\t')

    uname, newpasswd, uid, gid, gecos, home, shell = pwd.getpwnam(user)

    if password != newpasswd:

        sys.stderr.write("%s has password changed\n" % user)

        changed = 1

    output.append("%s\t%s\t%s\t%s" % (user, newpasswd, object, groups))

if changed:

    open(userfile, "w").write("".join(output))

Greetings
--
Robert Sander                     Senior Manager Information Systems
Epigenomics AG    Kleine Praesidentenstr. 1    10178 Berlin, Germany
http://www.epigenomics.com             robert.sander at epigenomics.com