controlling service schedule

Matt.A.Cleveland at healthnet.com Matt.A.Cleveland at healthnet.com
Wed Mar 7 15:41:09 EST 2007

Does anyone know of a hack or other mechanism I can use to control exactly
when a service runs?  I have a couple of costly tests that I would like to
run only during the night, and preferably on a specific schedule.  I know
how to use cron to override on a schedule, but this doesn't prevent
execution.  I have considered doing a check-now via a cron, but in order
for this to work I would need to prevent the service from running on any
schedule.  Is this possible?  Any other ideas?

...Matt Cleveland
...Web Architect
...Health Net Inc
...916.935.1248
...matt.cleveland at healthnet.com

* There's no place like 127.0.0.1

This message, together with any attachments, is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity
to which it is addressed. It may contain information
that is confidential and prohibited from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination or copying of this
message or any attachment is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this message in error, please notify
the original sender immediately by telephone or by
return e-mail and delete this message, along with any
attachments, from your computer. Thank you.