How to setup argus as a interface error alarm ? (fwd)

Mr. James W. Laferriere babydr at baby-dragons.com
Tue Feb 26 12:55:29 EST 2008

 	Hello All ,  RayC sent the trick to have Argus see error counts as a
avg-rate-bits (config .snippit below) .  I just modified the maxvalue to .001 ,
which seems to work ,  But the interface -never- alarms & is always shown as up
.  The original value of 10 (or even 1) does teh same thing .
 	I really need to have the interfaces that are taking error hits to show
as down .  What am I missing here .
 		Tia ,  JimL

Service UDP/SNMP {
 	calc:	ave-rate-bits