Custom Notifies

Sagi Brody sagi at webair.com
Tue Jul 15 15:49:05 EDT 2008

Hello,
	I currently use Argus to monitor a few critical services on my
network. The unack'd page is pretty important, and is often open on at
least one of my PC's at all times.

In addition to monitoring services FROM argus, I'd like to have some of
them notify argus when it sees a problem. There will probably be 3-4
different type of notifications a server would alert argus about.
However, I'll probably be using 1 generic "service Prog{.." type service
to execute a script to contact the server to check if sees anything is
down. I'd like the unack page to actually display details obtained from
the program. How can I do this?

I have tried to manually edit the msg: line in the actual notify file but
that seemed to have no affect.

Thanks,

Sagi Brody
Webair Internet Development, Inc.
Phone: 1 866 WEBAIR 1
Fax: 516.938.5100
http://www.webair.com
sagi at webair.com
AIM: webairsagi
ICQ: 146240554
We are interested in any feedback you might have about the service
you received. Please contact our technical support consumer care manager
directly 1.866.WEBAIR1 or e-mail customercare at webair.com