DARP settings

Andrei Raileanu andrei_lr at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 10:09:37 EDT 2008

--- On Wed, 7/23/08, Jeremy Kister <argus-02 at jeremykister.com> wrote:
From: Jeremy Kister <argus-02 at jeremykister.com>
Subject: Re: DARP settings
To: "Discussion about Argus" <arguslist at tcp4me.com>
Date: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 4:57 PM

On 7/23/2008 9:24 AM, Andrei Raileanu wrote:
> I have Argus running on a large data center. I thought it would be much
more easy for the monitoring system to use DARP. I tried to use DARP with a
simple config, but Argus ignores the settings related to DARP master/slave
systems:
> ERROR: in file '/usr/local/argus/var/config' on line 24 - Huh?
This does not look like a vaild config entry: 'DARP "master0"
{'
> This is the DARP entry from the config file:

do you have the darp_mode parameter in your main config?

  like:
darp_mode: failover
  or
darp_mode: redundant

?

http://argus.tcp4me.com/darp.html

Yes.
darp_mode: failover
For some reasons same config file works on SuSE 11.0 with perl 5.10.0, but I have upgraded perl (to 5.10.0) on one of my systems with SuSE 10.3 and I get the same error, so I got the conclusion that it's not a problem with perl version.

--

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net./

http://argus.tcp4me.com/