argus-dev-20080202 and notifies

Aaron L. Meehan aaron at coinet.com
Mon Mar 24 18:36:48 EDT 2008

Hi all,

  I decided to try out argus-dev-20080202 on our network here, and
after upgrading from argus-3.5 noticed differences in the way notify
works.  Specifically, our notify line at the top of config did not
seem to inherit like before.  Notifies were not being sent out unless
and until we placed a notify line into specific service stanzas.

  Now, Argus has been used here for some time without anyone bothering
to really figure out how to configure and use it well, so I'm in a
learning curve here.  Is this behavior a feature in the
latest-and-greatest development code?

Regards,

Aaron Meehan
Central Oregon Internet