Severity Alerts

Jason Frisvold friz at godshell.com
Mon Nov 16 21:28:52 EST 2009

On Nov 16, 2009, at 7:07 PM, Gonzalo Perez Brun wrote:
> If undestand well, you can change the severity item for each group or host,  and define the notify method for each severity level.
> For example:
>
> group server {
>   notify.critical: cellMethod:2155551234
>   notify.minor: mail:user at example.com
>   severity: critical
>   group web {
>   }
>   group termianl servers {
>        severity: minor
>    }
> }
> am i right?

Well, Argus accepts the syntax, so I'm guessing yes.  Thanks a lot!  :)

> regards.
>
> Gonzalo.
>
>> From: friz at godshell.com
>> Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 21:37:37 -0500
>> To: arguslist at tcp4me.com
>> Subject: Severity Alerts

- ---------------------------
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
Engine / Technology Programmer
friz at godshell.com
RedHat Certified - RHCE # 803004140609871
MySQL Pro Certified - ID# 207171862
MySQL Core Certified - ID# 205982910
"Something mysterious is formed, born in the silent void. Waiting alone
and unmoving, it is at once still and yet in constant motion. It is the
source of all programs. I do not know its name, so I will call it the
Tao of Programming."