Install Argus 3.6 on Fedora 14

Allen Miller allen.miller at lymanrichey.com
Wed Aug 31 12:01:47 EDT 2011

Hi, Jason.

I believe my error occurred due to a typo on my part when I installed Argus.  When compiling, I typed ./Configure --data-dir=/usr/local/BerkleyDB.5.2 --db_type=DB_FILE instead of ./Configure --data-dir=/usr/local/BerkleyDB.5.2 --db_type=DB_File (note the change in case of word DB_File)  That made all the difference.

Now, on a different note, I'm using the same config file I used in version 3.4, but now Argus seems to tally the number of services monitored.  For instance, If I monitor 10 routers by ping and service sshd, the number of routers in this group is 20, not 10.  Is this by design?

Thanks for the response.

Al