Argus / Qmail / Sprint - Return-Path set incorrectly

Scott Hiemstra shiemstra at h2.com
Fri Jul 13 09:28:37 EDT 2012

This may be a qmail question and not an Argus question but I know many of you are talented in the ways of both.  I just started having an issue last night where Sprint has started rejecting SMS (via email) messages sent from Argus.  The rejection is stating sender was rejected.

2012-07-13 09:06:10.605155500 delivery 1745: failure: Connected_to_198.101.198.88_but_sender_was_rejected./Remote_host_said:_550_5.1.0_<anonymous at HOSTNAME.DOMAIN.com>_sender_rejected/

Fair enough, I would reject a message coming from anonymous at HOSTNAME.DOMAIN.com as well so I understand the rejection.  The problem is, I am setting my from address to a valid address using the mail_from Argus directive and I have verified this works by looking at the message headers but I am seeing the anonymous address set in the Return-Path even though the from is set correctly.

Any recommendations,
Scott

--
Scott Hiemstra