Repost: SSL issue: set options failed: Operation now in progress

Scott Hiemstra shiemstra at h2.com
Mon Sep 24 09:02:28 EDT 2012

Tom,

I can't offer anything about imaps or smtps but I ran into this with https on a version of Argus from several years ago.  I'm running dev-20111102 so I can't speak directly to dev-20120107.  Based on my internal notes it seems I had this issue when trying to use TCP/HTTPS, switching over to TCP/URL resolved the issue.  Also I have encountered problems between Argus and some of my IIS servers not negotiating SSL properly if I don't specify a browser string, I use "browser:        Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Argus)".  I believe this has been a distinct issue with IIS7 for me.

Using TCP/HTTPS:
	Group "HTTPS Test" {
		hostname: secure.domain.com
		Service TCP/HTTPS
	}

Using TCP/URL:
	Group "URL Test" {
		Service TCP/URL {
			url: https://secure.domain.com
			label: My secure test target
		}
	}

Others may offer more insight but hope this helps in the interim,
Scott