Argus Notifications Help (%O{param})

rblake3 rblake3 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 17 21:23:47 EDT 2013

Hello everyone,

Was hoping someone could give me a little assistance with configuring
notifications.

I reviewed the documentation found on: http://argus.tcp4me.com/notif.html

However, I am unable to figure out how to get %O{param} to show the name of
the “Host” instead of having to show the entire entry with %O.  I have
attempted to use %O{name} but that shows me the name of the service (e.g.
Ping).  Instead, I would like to show the name of the host one level above
it.  I would be ok with “hostname” or with the name of the Host (or simply
the item one level above the name of the service).  Ok, let me show an
example (might be easier for me to explain):

Example:

Host “TCP4Me” {
        hostname: argus.tcp4me.com
        Service TCP/HTTP
        Service Ping
}

In this situation, I would like to show both the Service that was affected
(can use %O{name}) and the name of the host one level above it.  If Host
were Group, I would like to show the name of the group (I want this to
essentially show on the subject line of an e-mail notification).

How do I go about accomplishing this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Also, thank you very much for such
an excellent tool!

Thanks,
Ryan