Run Command When Service Down

William Schroeder wschroeder at expertnetworks.us
Sun Apr 13 09:37:55 EDT 2014

Is it possible to run a command when a service is down (preferably if it's been down for a certain period of time)? I understand that you can run a program to perform checks (like shown below), but is there a way to only run it if a service is down? I'm either having trouble finding a way to do it, or it's not possible directly from Argus.

Service Prog {
               # make sure no one deleted root from the passwd file
               command:       cat /etc/passwd
               expect:        ^root:
        }

Will