Overrides not suppressing notifies/multiple notifications

Scott Hiemstra shiemstra at h2.com
Thu May 22 13:18:45 EDT 2014

Will,

Sorry for not replying before now but I have experienced a similar strange issue to the one you described with 3.7, the root cause of my issue didn't really have anything to do with Argus.  I use DARP in failover mode, My issue was my master monitoring systems was IO busy and was going through the beginning stages of a drive failure.  I kept getting strange notifications and the web interface didn't agree with what I was getting via notifies.  It turned out that I was getting notified by my DARP slaves about things which were not actually down.

I doubt this will turn out to be your issue but just be aware that the root cause may not be what it seems to be.  As for downgrading from 3.7 to 3.6, I can't speak for those exact versions but I didn't have any issues going from argus-dev-20100109 to argus-dev-20090222 way back in the day.  I don't even think I removed the old stuff but I was definitely more of a free spirit back then.

Scott