Graphing troubles

Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold friz at godshell.com
Wed Jun 23 08:31:18 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 20:13, Jared Crapo wrote:
> I have recently installed argus, and have been quite pleased with the
> results.  Today I tried to get graphing to work, and I have had no
> luck.  I am using the simple config file found on
> http://argus.tcp4me.com/self.html.  I get empty boxes when I look at the
> web pages.  I have files in $datadir/gcache, but they all are empty, ie
> length of 0.  There are no files in $datadir/gdata, which I suspect is
> the problem.  I looked through the mailing list archives, and couldn't
> find anything that helped me solve this problem, so I'm posting here in
> the hope that someone can help.

Let it run for a few minutes...  There may not be enough data to display
anything yet...

> $ argusctl status
> ARGUS/2.0 200 OK
> status:   running
> version:  3.3
> perlver:  5.8.3
> osinfo:   Linux 2.4.25-2mdk i686
> objects:  5
> services: 3
> notifies: 0
> uptime:   0:07:23
> idle:     99.84% 99.65% 0.00%
> monrate:  0.04 0.05 0.00 per second

7 Minutes uptime is most likely not enough time to have sufficient data
to show anything in the graph..

> The $datadir/log file doesn't show any errors, just stuff about parents
> and children getting SIGTERM'ed and argus restarting.  I have shut down
> argus and web server (apache) and started them up again.

The sigterms are normal..  They happen when the config changes..

> Can somebody point me in the right direction to try and get this working
> right?

What does the config look like for your graphing?

--
---------------------------
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
friz at godshell.com
RedHat Certified - RHCE # 803004140609871
MySQL Pro Certified - ID# 207171862
MySQL Core Certified - ID# 205982910
"Something mysterious is formed, born in the silent void. Waiting alone
and unmoving, it is at once still and yet in constant motion. It is the
source of all programs. I do not know its name, so I will call it the
Tao of Programming."