How do I get more descriptive message in the subject line

Jared Crapo jared at medicity.com
Wed Jun 30 13:50:28 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 10:24, Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 11:49, Jeff Weisberg wrote:
> > see:
> >   http://argus.tcp4me.com/notif.html
> >
> > scroll down to "Adding Other Notification Methods"
>
> I'm a tad confused...
>
> The message{up,dn} fields are put within the object configuration and
> are for the message body, or subject?
>
> And the send field in the Method object, is that the subject or body?

One way to make sure you get the behavior you want is to fix up your own
method, and put the %M where you want the message to go.  This one puts
it in the subject:

Method "msginsubj" {
	command: echo "`uname -n` %O is %S\nTest value is: %v" | mail -s "%M"
%R
}

while this one puts it in the message body:

Method "msginbody" {
	command: echo "%M\n`uname -n` %O is %S\nTest value is: %v" | mail -s
"Argus notification" %R
}

Then add this notify line:

notify: msginsubj:me at example.com msginbody:you at example.com