Database Testing

Christopher Ferry cferry at whenu.com
Thu Mar 4 15:48:32 EST 2004

I've been using the following check successfully:

                Service DB Replication {
                        frequency:      30
                        timeout:        120
                        retries:        2
                        retrydelay:     120
                        title:          MySQL Replication Status
                        label:          MySQL Replication Status
                        graph:          yes
                        drawgrid:       yes
                        ylabel:         Status
                        dsn:
DBI:mysql:database=;host=dbhostname;port=3307
                        user:   youruser
                        pass:   yourpass
                        sql:    SHOW SLAVE STATUS
                        expect:  Yes
                        messagedn:  MySQL Replication Stopped!
                        notify: mail:youremail at here.com
 }

Your db user should only have process privileges.

Thanks

Chris Ferry