UDP/DNS testing dnscache (from djbdns 1.05)

Jeff Weisberg jaw+arguslist at tcp4me.com
Fri Mar 12 16:46:17 EST 2004

sorry, I don't think read your email all the way to the end.
ignore my previous response; I'll try again.

| I didnt realize that a NS lookup still sent a status query; I was using

no, if you ask for an NS query, you get an NS query.

| I recenty changed my recursive name servers from BIND 9 to dnscache.  One of
| the tests i was using successfully is now failing:
|
| Host "ns2" {
|  Service UDP/DNS {
|    class: IN
|    minvalue: 2
|    query: NS
|    test: nanswers
|    zone: yahoo.com
|   }
| }

this fails because you are making a non-recursive query to a
non-authoritative name server. it fails for the same reason as:

	dig @ns2 yahoo.com ns +norecurse

add
	recurse:	yes

sorry for previous non-useful answer.