Database Testing

Jeremy Kister argus-01 at jeremykister.com
Mon Mar 15 21:32:21 EST 2004

On Fri Mar 12 14:01:25 EST 2004, Jeff Weisberg wrote:

> I'm not a mysql user, so forgive my ignorance; does mysql have
> any sort way to fetch this data where you can specify a column
> list or where clause? perhaps by querying a 'special' table
> or sub-select?

I tried multiple variants of both suggestions, none of which bore fruit.

I am unable to provide any evidence there is any special_table in existance
for this purpose (documentation, experimentation, and otherwise), and the
sub-select yields sql syntax errors no matter my variation.

i've got a slave mysql server you can test on, if you wish.

Jeremy Kister
www.jeremykister.com/jeremy/