Fresh argus install...graphs not working

Scott Hiemstra scott at hiemstra.us
Sun Mar 28 01:44:26 EST 2004

I was chatting with Jeremy earlier and we got things working.  I don't know
if there is a bug with the "syslog: daemon" setting on solaris 8 sparc but
that is what the problem appears to have been.

I tried running "/usr/local/bin/perl /usr/local/lib/argus/graphd daemon"
manually because it was not running and I got the following error:
unix dgram connect: Socket operation on non-socket at
/usr/local/lib/argus/graphd line 31
no connection to syslog available at /usr/local/lib/argus/graphd line 31

I then commented out the "syslog: daemon" entry in my config and after a
couple of restarts, everything is working great.

Many thanks to Jeremy for his help with this,

Thanks again to Jeff for Argus in general...you and it rock...

Thanks,
Scott