Cisco PingMib service

Michael Samuel michael at miknet.net
Sun May 16 02:22:21 EDT 2004

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 10:15:19AM -0400, Jeff Weisberg wrote:

> well, the 'quick hint' is 'read the source'.
> it is a bit more complex than sub-classing SNMP, since you
> need to perform a series of different snmp queries.

Yeah, I've read through it.  The biggest pitfall seems to be the lack of
snmpset support.  Maybe I should subclass/hack Prog, and have it pass
certain variables via the environment. (Maybe have config support for
defining Prog classes, and choosing which config variables to pass via
the environment??)

> and, FYI, adding support for RFC-2925 remote ping
> is on my TODO list, but it will be a while.

It looks very similar to the Cisco ping mib, but doesn't have support
for specifying the vrf (the main reason I want support for the Cisco
pingmib - otherwise I'd just use Argus' built in ping).

--
Michael Samuel <michael at miknet.net>

You don't want people thinking they have options,
merely because they do.