Argus Init file for Redhat

Fire Eater fire at HomeSlice.LandShark.Net
Fri Nov 5 06:52:55 EST 2004

Maybe this will help someone. I use it on RHEL3 but I assume it will
work on all Redhat variants.

#!/bin/sh
#
# Argusd init script
#
# chkconfig: 2345 99 10
# probe: true
# Provides: $argusd
#

case "$1" in

	start)
        /usr/local/sbin/argusd -a /var/argus
        echo "Argus Monitor Started !"
        #/usr/local/sbin/argusd -u apache -g apache
        ;;

	stop)
        /usr/local/sbin/argusctl shutdown reason="rc.argusd stop"
        echo "Argus Monitor Shutdown !"
        ;;

        restart)
        /usr/local/sbin/argusctl shutdown reason="rc.argusd stop"
        /usr/local/sbin/argusd -a /var/argus
        echo "Argus Monitor Restarted !"
        ;;

        reload)
        /usr/local/sbin/argusctl hup
        echo "Argus Monitor Reloaded !"
        ;;

    *)
        echo usage: $0 'start|stop|restart|reload'
        exit 1
        ;;

esac
exit 0

### set file ownership, permissions and enable service at boot###
#chown root /etc/rc.d/init.d/argusd; chmod 744 /etc/rc.d/init.d/argusd;
chkconfig argusd on