override being ignored

Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold friz at godshell.com
Wed Nov 3 08:21:48 EST 2004

Matt Hess wrote:

> I'm having a problem with overrides - they are being completely
> ignored by argus.
> I try placing an override on a host or service and sometimes it will
> work fine but as of late it would appear that multiple up/downs of a
> monitored (via ping) host/router on a qwest curcuit causes the
> override to be completely ignored.. email alerts still go out.. even
> with autoack on.. it's insane because we end up just being flooded by
> one host having packetloss problems or other qwest-induced issues..
>
> Is there anything I can do about this? I'm dying here - especially
> when it sends to my cell phone over and over and over and over in the
> freaking dead of night and I'm helpless to stop it except by turning
> argus off!

Double check permissions on all of your Argus directories and files..  I
had this problem at one point and that was the solution...

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
friz at godshell.com
RedHat Certified - RHCE # 803004140609871
MySQL Pro Certified - ID# 207171862
MySQL Core Certified - ID# 205982910
"Something mysterious is formed, born in the silent void. Waiting alone and unmoving, it is at once still and yet in constant motion. It is the source of all programs. I do not know its name, so I will call it the Tao of Programming."