messageup, messagedn in Subject: of notify email

Jeff Weisberg jaw+arguslist at tcp4me.com
Fri Oct 22 12:20:35 EDT 2004

| I've been using argus for a while now, and keep getting impressed with
| the number of different features I keep discovering - what a great bit
| of software!
|
| I would like to be able to display the 'messageup' and 'messagedn' text
| in the SUBJECT of the notify email, as well in the body.
|
| Is there a way to set that up from within the config file, or do i need
| to change the Notify.pm and NotMe.pm to suit my needs.
|
| I had a look at the list archives, as well as the FAQ and doc, and my
| search has proven fruitless - maybe i've missed something?

create a new notification method in your config file, if is named
"mail" it will replace the built-in definition.

the built in definition is:

    Method "mail" {
	command:	/usr/sbin/sendmail -t
	send:		To: %R\nFrom: %F\nSubject: Argus%E\n\n%M\n
    }

adjust as desired. the various % sequences can be found on:
	http://argus.tcp4me.com/notif.html