DB Test with Oracle

Bernard Banks bebanks at nighthawkrad.net
Fri Oct 29 10:58:37 EDT 2004

I am trying to test an Oracle DB through Argus, but Argus is having
problems connecting to the DB. In the config I have:

Service DB {
dsn: DBI:Oracle:database=mydatabase;host=myhost;port=myport
user: theuser
pass: thepassword
sql: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM mydatabase
}

I've gotten this Perl DBI script to work okay:

#! /usr/bin/perl
use DBI;

my $dbh = DBI->connect('DBI:Oracle:mydatabase','theuser','thepassword')
or die "Couldn't connect to database: " . DBI->errstr;
my $sql = 'select * from database';
my $sth = $dbh->prepare($sql);
$sth->execute;
my @row=$sth->fetchrow_array();
print $row[1];

Could someone assist me in what I may be doing incorrectly?

Great work and thanks in advance,

Bernard

--
Bernard Banks
Nighthawk Radiology Services
Email : bebanks at nighthawkrad.net

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:   This email, including any attachments, contains information from NightHawk Radiology Services, which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify NightHawk Radiology Services immediately by forwarding message to bebanks at nighthawkrad.net and destroy all electronic and hard copies of the communication, including attachments.