Changeing how long before Argus sends notifications

Andy derfley at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 11:04:04 EDT 2005

I have a a number of groups within my current Argus config file which
looks something like the following;

Group "one" {
        notify: andy at example.com
        sendnotify: yes
        overridable:    yes
        messagedn:      %i %r %s %t
        Include "/var/argus/one"
}

Group "two" {
        #notify: andy at example.com
        #sendnotify: yes
        overridable:    yes
        messagedn:      %i %r %s %t
        Include "/var/argus/two"
}

As you can see currently group "one" sends out notifications when
anything within that group goes down, group two does not.

What I  am trying to do is set it up so that group "two" would send
notifications if a device in that group has been down for 60 minutes
or more. Would the following config allow me to do that ?

Group "one" {
        notify: andy at example.com
        sendnotify: yes
        overridable:    yes
        messagedn:      %i %r %s %t
        Include "/var/argus/one"
}

Group "two" {
        #notify: andy at example.com
        sendnotify: yes
        escalate: 60 mail:andy at example.com
        overridable:    yes
        messagedn:      %i %r %s %t
        Include "/var/argus/two"
}

If not could anyone suggest a way of setting it so that it does?

I'm trying to avoid changing the number of the "retries:" under the
service, as each of the groups has a couple of hundred entries, and
would like to retain the flexibility of a single change effecting all
of the devices under the group. Also I need to retain logging for when
they go down, I just need to modify how soon the notification goes
out.

Thanks, Andy.